Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My BIL and his son catch a lots of nice fat smallie’s when they go up there. Usually hitting the water temps are perfect. Their recent trip to lake St Clair they caught just a few under 3 lbs. but everything else were fatties.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How's the fishing J? Lake is like glass tonight. Should be gorgeous out there. Wish I was fishing!

Fishing tapered off when we got there, two of our buddy’s were just leaving when we pulled in at 5:00 and they had 50 keeper smallmouth with a couple over 6lbs....
We didn’t do nearly as good but caught 10 smallmouth and some rock bass and sheep head...
Still a beautiful evening on the lake...

68D7557C-6D93-4CC8-A856-C75181F150F0.jpeg
9B7C7CC8-909B-4B23-9D48-DB079EF70334.jpeg
9D9A3B53-3F2C-46DA-9560-EF3F904374C8.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Only hiccup of the night was when we put the boat back on the trailer. Shawn heard something running and with all power off I knew it could be only one thing. The automatic bilge pump is hot wired regardless of the master power switch. It’ll pump water out weather it’s sitting at the dock with power off or in the driveway with a ton of rain that moved thru.....
Pulled it, cleaned it and took it apart to clean the intervals and it’s still doing it so on to amazon and $74 later it’s on the way. I’ll replace it when it comes in as it’s not a tough project. I can reuse the old base that it sits in and 3 wires and an outlet hose and it’s done....

Local marinas want 95 + tax, I’m not that much in a hurry. If I need too I’ll just pull it and run the manual one. Nice running 2 bilge pumps. Gives you options and a lot of water to pump out if needed. 2 750 gph will get the job done then some...

Reactions: MoonLab
Heading out to my usual small public lake in the am. Went saturday and had a blast. My wife went in her new yak and caught a decent bass on her first trip to boot. I had my daughter in my yak and we caught a couple for the grease as well. Nothing better than enjoying Gods great outdoors with my two favorite people. Couldn't ask for a better woman in my life....she said she had a great time yesterday just watching my daughter and i fishing and enjoying what God has made.

Reactions: Jackalope and "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad you had a good time Dustin and BC....

Well we had our tournament on lake Milton Saturday morning...

We had a limit and came in fourth but it only paid 3 places lol
The tone was set right off the bat, buddies motor (we changed 2 coils and spark plugs) developed a miss, would run fine on plane but miss and chug and stall at idle rpm.
We can live with that and worry about that when we're done, get to the first spot lower the trolling motor and it's dead, he tried it when he turned power on (as we all do) and it worked fine in the parking lot. 😂
Fishing without a trolling motor is a tough day. Being windy is even worse. He does have a power pole so that was used a lot.... Took him about an hour and a half to come to grips with it and realize it’s not going to get any better 😂

Sometimes you get the elevator and sometimes you get the shaft 😂

All in all with all the adversity I say we did ok 👍🏼