Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Reactions: TinyTucky and "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
  • Love
Reactions: TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Deer season is over, and ice is nonexistent. Couple months until turkey season, so I’ll be occupying my time with steelhead. Went 7 for 9 yesterday morning. Not often conditions line up as well as the did for early February.
IMG_5357.jpeg
IMG_5328.jpeg
IMG_5369.jpeg

Man there is nothing like it, even though I have only landed 2 and one big brown in my lifetime. Used to go in the UP and to the White River in NW Michigan when I was in college but that was it. Took Allen to the White River three years ago and had a ball even though we didn't hook anything. I definitely don't know what I'm doing when it comes to them but man it sure looks like you do TT!!

Creamer

Athens
It was too nice on Sunday to not go fishing. I hit up a small local lake and caught some crappies, including the first real slab of the year.

There were tons of bluegills sunning in the shallow water that were super eager to attack a small foam spider off the surface.

Good day to be outside, bend some rods, and get some sunshine.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I had about an hour long window this morning to kill between going from one job to the next. It was a very much welcomed hour of “play time” between work and renovating basically the entire downstairs of our new house (which is even more fun when you have no idea what you’re doing). Lost a couple, landed a handful with the biggest being 4.62lbs. 6” MagDraft Swimbait was the ticket. Saw a few small bait balls along the wind blown bank and got it dialed in.
IMG_5639.jpeg