Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nuisance Trapping.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I can't catch and kill these bastards fast enough. 😅 This was in the middle of the day and he was over standing in my cans looking over the fence. He goan learn though.

View attachment 129872
E6157C2C-8B09-41EE-B1E5-30F9DD462197.gif

740hunter

Coshocton
I have a Banks 600# feeder that the trash pandas can't access, but damn they are thick in central Ohio. I got 5 of them in my dog proof traps last weekend and I still have gotten pictures of 15 eating any feed that the deer knock out of the feeder. I'll be back at it this weekend with the traps!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
@Schu72

Consider getting yourself some sort of a little terrier dog and let him or her go at it. Mine will seek them out all day long. Better than anything else ever used that I have seen. You may have some holes to repair afterwards, but no worse than than any big mole hole really. Our yard used to be littered with them until I brought this little guy home.

View attachment 129439

I maintained the property that we currently live at now for over 20 years. Before we actually lived here, which was my wife's grandfather's place prior, he used traps all the time in the yard. They now collect dust hanging in the barn because like I said, my little dog absolutely seeks them out and destroys them immediately once any mole, and I mean any, makes their presence known in the yard today. He (Star) is a great little rescue of mine. Had him for for about five years now I believe. Next mole kill he gets, I'll share just how proud he is/gets, or better yet, when is he actually hunts one down I'll get a video of him. He's damn efficient in seeking them out. I get a kick out of it every time when I see him doing it.

20210703_200845.jpg

Chalk another up that met his sad demise. 'Star' chewed his head off :ROFLMAO:

I'm telling ya, this dog is hell on these moles that try to make their way into our yard. Better than any trap or trying to treat several acres with expensive chemicals.

This mature grass of ours will grow back in a matter of no-time once I rake it out nice and smooth again.

This little rescue of a dog of mine paid for himself a long, long time ago. He is a well mannered and a very smart little guy. His radar ears, sense of smell and keen eyesight always catches anything foreign that steps into our yard, and he will let me know about it every time :LOL:

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 130478

Chalk another up that met his sad demise. 'Star' chewed his head off :ROFLMAO:

I'm telling ya, this dog is hell on these moles that try to make their way into our yard. Better than any trap or trying to treat several acres with expensive chemicals.

This mature grass of ours will grow back in a matter of no-time once I rake it out nice and smooth again.

This little rescue of a dog of mine paid for himself a long, long time ago. He is a well mannered and a very smart little guy. His radar ears, sense of smell and keen eyesight always catches anything foreign that steps into our yard, and he will let me know about it every time :LOL:

Star got himself another one where he chewed its head off too :ROFLMAO:

20210718_171224.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Schu72

Streetsboro
Moles were back when we returned from vacation. Had one trap out and it missed. Reset last night and scored.

Can't get pics to post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not trapping but I needed to do a little thinning. I have a feeder outside my office window. Yesterday I could hear one in the porch ceiling and they've been climbing up to pillars. Not sure which one so they'll die until it stops. The old open sight daisy powerline 880 strikes again.

20220520_124336.jpg20220520_124320.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Again not trapping but it seems like something always needs killing here. These suckers are harder on lawns than moles. I should just treat for mole crickets and that would probably reduce the damage. But this one was out in the daylight and the old 22 got him.
20220522_182618.jpg