Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Non-Resident Youth Hunting License

Just purchased our Hunting and Fishing Licenses for Ohio for the year. The Non-resident youth license was only $10 this year. Last year it was the same as the NR adult. Not complaining as that saved me some change. LOL. I must have missed that they changed it.

They rescinded the increased fee sometime in September last year. Not sure what they did for the people who paid the full price but I know the law did change. I was prepared to pay the full amount for my son then but in a discussion with the game warden for our area down there he mentioned that it was changing back to the regular youth license cost. If I remember right we had to buy a NR deer permit for him.

Reactions: cspot
They rescinded the increased fee sometime in September last year. Not sure what they did for the people who paid the full price but I know the law did change. I was prepared to pay the full amount for my son then but in a discussion with the game warden for our area down there he mentioned that it was changing back to the regular youth license cost. If I remember right we had to buy a NR deer permit for him.

Well that sucks as I bought my son and youngest daughters licenses in Feb/March of last year. They didn't refund my money. That does explain though why it was cheaper this year.

I bought my son a spring turkey tag and it was the same cost as mine so what you said about the NR deer permit is probably right.