Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No sheds found

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
For the first time in many weekends we didn't have any youth sports going on in the afternoon. The warm weather meant I had a better chance of finding a shed than putting together a successful field hunt for geese on the last day of the season. With my son and his buddy loaded up in the truck we headed out to walk around and see what we could get into. What started out as a shed hunt turned into just letting these two young men roam around and explore. I wasn't going to let my agenda get in the way of them having some unstructured fun... something that kids don't seem to get to do much of any more.

With a waterproof camera and GoPro in hand, my son and his buddy quickly got some ideas of their own...

"Hey! Let's go check out this waterfall!"

DSC_0004_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

"Let's send the GoPro over the fall and see what happens!"

"Yeah! That'll be sweet!"

DSC_0009_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

After about 15 minutes they both had water over the tops of their boots, so we were on our way... we were about a mile from the truck and they both had numb feet. Still, neither one of them wanted to make the decision to go home so we hiked on...

DSC_0014_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

After about a half mile they were getting feeling back in their feet and decided that they wanted to continue looking for sheds. It was totally their call at this point. Finding a dead coon and then a dead squirrel seemed to keep them intrigued for what else we could find. Then we stumbled upon a hollowed out tree trunk that they both wanted to climb into...

DSC_0017_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

As we continued wandering back toward the truck they just couldn't keep themselves out of the water...

DSC_0022_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

"Can we keep it? It's waaaay better than a luck rabbit foot!"

DSC_0023_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

"I can't wait to get some dry socks on. Mine are really squishy!" Gee, I wonder why....

DSC_0027_e by Sean Curran, on Flickr

Last edited:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Awesome. Moonshine and I went shed hunting today and didnt find anything but it was nice to be out enjoying the beautiful weather. We walked about 3-5 miles through thick trees

jlane

dunn nc
Younguns and the outdoors, keep them occupied with nature and they will hopefully do fine.
You as a father, great job,
I really miss the time with my children in nature as they are all grown up and doing their pwn things,jobs, school and work.
Good job sir.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
It's not always how many sheds you find or mushrooms you bring home. Time spent with the ones you love and sharing those experiences with them to make memories is where it's at! Thanks for sharing Sean

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Keep up the great work and example Sean! We had 2 indoor games today in the middle of the day. I'm sure you can relate. lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks all! They're both looking forward a to getting back out again. Of course I am too, but it'll be at least two more weeks until I have time.

Keep up the great work and example Sean! We had 2 indoor games today in the middle of the day. I'm sure you can relate. lol

Yep. Both kids had indoor soccer Saturday morning. We just walked in the door from two travel baseball games. That's right, Sunday night games for tournament time. It's ridiculous, but they both love playing sports so we'll just find ways to squeeze in our time outdoors as time allows.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Both my kids were outdoor/outside kids... They loved the woods and being on the water... Luckily they were born at a time where computer games weren't real big... Well at least around us....