Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nis1’s November story-SATAN WOMAN

nis1

I’m writing this while still furious about this evenings series of events but at least we still made it to the woods...

I have a good buddy that I do a lot of hunting with. He got his first buck last year and has grown a lot as a hunter. I’m very proud of the way he has evolved and the way he continues to hit the woods hard and learn everything he can about white tails and chasing them.

We have another buddy that has recently shown interest in hunting and he has repeatedly expressed that he wants to get in the woods. Tonight is the night that we are taking him to a piece of archery only public land. They meet at my place at noon, we get loaded up and hit the road.

We have a boat in the bed of the truck as the area by the road is privately owned so the public is basically land locked unless you take a boat in. We haven’t hunted here a ton just because launching a boat to hunt is a pain but it’s a darn good hunting spot. We pull up, off the side of a country road, unload the boat, and all of our things. Just as we are getting ready to hop in the boat, a black suburban comes out of the driveway of the house landlocking the public. She rolls up and a raspy voiced, rough looking woman in her 60’s asks us what we’re doing. As soon as I say we are taking the boat back to hunt, she screams “NO YOUR NOT!” I calmly explained to her that beyond her property is public hunting land and we are 100% legally allowed to access via boat. She wasn’t having any of it. Telling us that she will call the sheriff if we don’t leave and she got 3 other guys arrested last time they tried this shit and all kinds of BS. I kept calm, offered to show her the map showing that it’s public land, and all that business.

She drove off pissed, shouting that she was calling the sheriffs, so I called them too. I told the dispatcher what was going on, my name, and where we were. She asked if I was with two other males and I said yes, the old hag had apparently called the cops.

So we calmly waited. They went to her first, as she was sitting in her driveway about 100 yards away, still watching us. The cop talked to the woman for 5 minutes and then came to us. I showed him multiple maps showing that the land beyond her property is public access. He had us send him the maps so he could go back and show her. He was super nice and for certain on our side since she was irate and we had the proof to show she was full of shit.

Before taking off, the officer said, you guys are good but here’s the deal. She already told me that if I don’t do anything about you being here that she’s gonna call the state highway patrol and they can ticket you for being parked on the road (which there were like only 12” of tire on the road). That sucked because theres guardrail everywhere and I couldn’t get off any more.

We danced around for a couple minutes as to what we should do and ended up loading the boat back up and taking it to the next road up and launching it there. We could get to where we needed, it was just a 15 min longer boat ride with a tiny boat and an electric motor that I hope still has enough juice to get us out of here.

Moral of the story, we sorta won but so did she and that freakin sucks. We were making an attempt to take a buddy on his first deer hunt and she had to come and screw it up. It sucks that there’s people out there like that. I can’t wait to hopefully buy my own land one day where I can live like a hermit and not deal with as much of the trials and tribulations of hunting in today’s world.

Also, I hope my tires still have air in them when we get back because I am certain she is still trolling around trying to figure out a way to ruin our night.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’m writing this while still furious about this evenings series of events but at least we still made it to the woods...

I have a good buddy that I do a lot of hunting with. He got his first buck last year and has grown a lot as a hunter. I’m very proud of the way he has evolved and the way he continues to hit the woods hard and learn everything he can about white tails and chasing them.

We have another buddy that has recently shown interest in hunting and he has repeatedly expressed that he wants to get in the woods. Tonight is the night that we are taking him to a piece of archery only public land. They meet at my place at noon, we get loaded up and hit the road.

We have a boat in the bed of the truck as the area by the road is privately owned so the public is basically land locked unless you take a boat in. We haven’t hunted here a ton just because launching a boat to hunt is a pain but it’s a darn good hunting spot. We pull up, off the side of a country road, unload the boat, and all of our things. Just as we are getting ready to hop in the boat, a black suburban comes out of the driveway of the house landlocking the public. She rolls up and a raspy voiced, rough looking woman in her 60’s asks us what we’re doing. As soon as I say we are taking the boat back to hunt, she screams “NO YOUR NOT!” I calmly explained to her that beyond her property is public hunting land and we are 100% legally allowed to access via boat. She wasn’t having any of it. Telling us that she will call the sheriff if we don’t leave and she got 3 other guys arrested last time they tried this shit and all kinds of BS. I kept calm, offered to show her the map showing that it’s public land, and all that business.

She drove off pissed, shouting that she was calling the sheriffs, so I called them too. I told the dispatcher what was going on, my name, and where we were. She asked if I was with two other males and I said yes, the old hag had apparently called the cops.

So we calmly waited. They went to her first, as she was sitting in her driveway about 100 yards away, still watching us. The cop talked to the woman for 5 minutes and then came to us. I showed him multiple maps showing that the land beyond her property is public access. He had us send him the maps so he could go back and show her. He was super nice and for certain on our side since she was irate and we had the proof to show she was full of shit.

Before taking off, the officer said, you guys are good but here’s the deal. She already told me that if I don’t do anything about you being here that she’s gonna call the state highway patrol and they can ticket you for being parked on the road (which there were like only 12” of tire on the road). That sucked because theres guardrail everywhere and I couldn’t get off any more.

We danced around for a couple minutes as to what we should do and ended up loading the boat back up and taking it to the next road up and launching it there. We could get to where we needed, it was just a 15 min longer boat ride with a tiny boat and an electric motor that I hope still has enough juice to get us out of here.

Moral of the story, we sorta won but so did she and that freakin sucks. We were making an attempt to take a buddy on his first deer hunt and she had to come and screw it up. It sucks that there’s people out there like that. I can’t wait to hopefully buy my own land one day where I can live like a hermit and not deal with as much of the trials and tribulations of hunting in today’s world.

Also, I hope my tires still have air in them when we get back because I am certain she is still trolling around trying to figure out a way to ruin our night.
If one of you guys would’ve “took one for the team” and gave her a little bit of lovin’....she may have let you park in her driveway! Lol 😂

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
975924EF-9CD1-4A40-84B2-F7DEAF8DE65E.gif

nis1

So I drew up somewhat of a map of what the plan normally is so you can have a better understanding of what we were attempting to do. Also, I found a wild stand that was terrifying to think that someone possibly sits in. The straps didn’t look that old but I couldn’t figure out how the heck they’d get up in it. The oak tree that the stand was a true monster and probably over 10’ around.
IMG_4881.jpg
IMG_4878.jpg
IMG_4877.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
If one of you guys would’ve “took one for the team” and gave her a little bit of lovin’....she may have let you park in her driveway! Lol [emoji23]

Lol nothing like eating on some thick smoked bacon strips to get access to some prime hunting property.

Hey if your a real deer hunter, you will just about do anything for a big buck.

Reactions: Sgt Fury