Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Night time saugeyes

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Been out struggling a few times lately, went for a couple hrs tonight couldn’t hook into any eyes. Did get into a 41” Muskie, that was a fucking shitshow trying to land it by myself with no net. All said and done I was wet slimy and stinky, normally that sounds like a good time in another context.
B42C47B5-5458-45F5-BF8C-F1F54D7CD7A4.jpeg

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Nice fish! That and a Blue Cat are the only gamefish I've yet to catch in Ohio
We have both locally, blues are are the easy ones. Muskie is truly the fish of a thousand cast. We do have a a big following if guys that strictly troll and do ok. Our other local lake they been stocking blues for about 10 years now and it’s not hard to find a a good fish now. And almost never get skunked if fishing for them.

Lucky

Sunbury
Was able to hit my favorite cove in alum that has been iced over for last couple weeks and got one good one on a swimbait. Could only fish for hour or so, and was hard to leave. At least with weather weve got comming for a little, ill be able to hit it after work for the next few days.
20200202_223748.jpg
20200202_203545.jpg
20200202_203540.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I made a day of it yesterday as well. Wake n Lake kinda day. Urge hit me to head to Indian Lake right after I woke up. Tried a few spots but never touched a fish. Made the 45 minute drive West to the St Mary spillway at Celina. Wasnt fishing 10 minutes and landed a legal. It was a 3 lb female full of eggs. Fished til 2:30, and caught four others that I snagged and released. The smallest probably 8lbs. Never took pics of those. Probably seen more snagged fish kept there yesterday than I do in a whole season on the maumee river.
20200202_110703.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Dam. Bet those big girls you snagged were fun though! Thats a nice litlle football. Wont be to long and it will be a lot easier than what it is rite now