Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice day out

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rough day on the lake today, lots o fish but pretty small, caught three keepers lost three keepers and a ton of 8-10" fish.... My daughter caught a small one so she was happy lol....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 294

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
great fishing J, Ive never fished a tourney but sounds like fun

They're a lot of fun, been doing it since 1984 and still enjoy... The one yesterday was bigger than I thought it would be, seemed two. Pubs were having an open tournament on the same lake at the same time and they combined them.... Went from a 15-20 boat field too 41 boats.... If I was aware of that I'd of probably passed on it and just took the daughter down too the river.... But we still had a good time....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hit the big lake today, got the crap beat out of us and blown off the lake by noon, but managed some decent keepers and a lot of sheephead lol.... Torney next Saturday and hopefully next weekend gives some of the same...... Minus the beat the crap out of us lol......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 256

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Nice fish J but ya. Its no fun when you start getting the crap beat out of you and then STILL have to get back to the dock...
Still better than being at work though!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Last time I took the boat up we were in 5 foot rollers...not bad. It started getting worse and getting through the slot sucked. 8 foot cross chop...the wife was PISSED. Lol

Great catch BTW. I REALLY wanna get on the Lake for some smallies this year. Haven't been in 3 years.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
After a decent night sleep, couple of advils and a early morning fishing trip too a local lake for a couple of hours this morning.... Gave the boat a once over, trolling motor needed mount bolts retorqued.... Motor mounts retorqued.... Inspected mounts and jack plate for any cracks.... That was a relief there were none.... But noticed a couple of stress cracks on some of the radius' on the transom which shows the pounding it took on that lake yesterday.... Nothing too bad bit I'll keep an eye on them too see if they get any worse.....

Have seen newer boats with way worse then these lol... That lake will abuse you and your equipment....

No keepers today but a nice quiet morning with very few boats out.... May be hitting the river in the morning and head up into PA too visit some smallies I haven't seen for a while lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fished a tournement out of Steubenville this morning, took first as well as big bass... Total 11.95 lbs with a 4.75 small mouth for the big bass... Great day for my buddy Shuan and I.... Lots of fish caught and we even quit an hour and a half early and towed a buddy back too the ramp when his boat died and then his batteries for the trolling motor went nipples skyward.... Lol great day too be on the mighty Ohio!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 282