Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Tires on The F-150.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yesterday put new tires on the F-150.... I got Mastercraft Courser MSR's.... This will be the third set of these I've had on the truck... Each time I've gotten 50,000 miles out of them and I never rotate tires... They are made by Cooper Tire with the Mastercraft brand on them... Good aggressive tire that is not noisy on the road... These were 275/65 R18's and were $145 a piece... So if your looking to re-tire, check these out as they won't break the bank and are a decent tire....

mastercraft.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I always ran the cooper brand on my previous trucks and had good luck and wear with them. Had a set of Mastercraft on my S10 work truck when I retired and they had about 60K on them with good tread still left... For the money you can’t beat them...

Reactions: finelyshedded

Chass

The Hills
I got some Hankook ATMs on my last truck and didn't care for them. They didn't last as advertised. New truck I went with Toyo Open Counties, not cheap at all but they are lasting as they should. But for close to $2000, I'd hope so.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great to know Rich! I’m due but holding out as long as I can till end of the year.

Rick, keep an eye open for some sales/liquidation going on.... I bought my tires 4 months before I put them on.... I usually try to get the last bit of wear out of the old ones before swapping them out... Right before the first snow being projected....

Reactions: finelyshedded

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Rick, keep an eye open for some sales/liquidation going on.... I bought my tires 4 months before I put them on.... I usually try to get the last bit of wear out of the old ones before swapping them out... Right before the first snow being projected....
It's Ric, attention to detail.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I got some Hankook ATMs on my last truck and didn't care for them. They didn't last as advertised. New truck I went with Toyo Open Counties, not cheap at all but they are lasting as they should. But for close to $2000, I'd hope so.

I put these on my truck as well. The MT's were too much for the amount of pavement vs mud it sees. I got the hybrid RT's and they're just what the doctor ordered. They killed the road noise, don't handle like shit in the rain/snow, and they come with a warranty. The price is the only con IMHO.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I used to have BF goodrich tire a/t on my Ford explorer 4x4 Loved it.

PSE13

Shelby
We have been seeing some trouble out of the Goodyear wranglers we have been getting. A lot of vibration and road force issues. The one guy in our shop had mounted and tried to balance 24 Goodyear tires before he got a good set of 4. Just a little FYI for everyone!

Reactions: MoonLab