Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Stand

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I bought a ladder stand on sale in December, finally got around to putting it up a couple weeks ago with the help of my dad, I placed it on a fence row that runs from the east into the NE of my woods I can hunt. The row has had stands in the past so I never put one up, plus it's on the property boarder but I have permission on both sides. This is also the woods I had a stand and cam stolen from, plus my double stand was in the process of being stolen but they hadn't finished the job. I made sure to put two cable locks on it to make it harder on them if they decide to take this one! I am really pumped about this stand and love the ability to hunt bow and gun, and I will be blended in well! it's about 30-35 yards away from the woods, my plan is to stay out of the woods all season and just hunt from this stand when the wind is right, which it should be 75% of the time. I just need to go back and cut some lanes in a week or two !! Hope all is well with you guys and dreaming of this fall!!! Here are some pics of the stand!

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope you got it cheap. If one was stolen. . . .another will be too. Sadly, this is how it works. I'm looking forward to doing some prosecuting of thieves in the future. I've got some plans.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Hope you got it cheap. If one was stolen. . . .another will be too. Sadly, this is how it works. I'm looking forward to doing some prosecuting of thieves in the future. I've got some plans.

I have to buy cheap to keep the wife happy!!! I got it secretly marked, plan on putting a chain around it, and might even spend a lil cash and place a tracing device on it! I have it narrowed down to two people. A camera might be hidden from view for the sole purpose of identification. ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have to buy cheap to keep the wife happy!!! I got it secretly marked, plan on putting a chain around it, and might even spend a lil cash and place a tracing device on it! I have it narrowed down to two people. A camera might be hidden from view for the sole purpose of identification. ;)

Last time I found a deal on "cheap" tree stands I bought the whole semi load. Explain that one to your wife! 🤣🤣🤣

The last stand I had that was on it's way to being stolen was slowed down because I had bolted every section together. It was carted clear across the field though and stashed on the side of the field waiting for tools I would assume. I had thought it would be safe near the middle of our property and didn't have a cable lock on it at the time.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
The last stand I had that was on it's way to being stolen was slowed down because I had bolted every section together. It was carted clear across the field though and stashed on the side of the field waiting for tools I would assume. I had thought it would be safe near the middle of our property and didn't have a cable lock on it at the time.

My double stand was the same thing except it had been laid down at the woods edge.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I always bolt the sections of the ladder together instead of those cheap clips that come with most of them...I also put cable locks on each section and a heavy chain around the platform and tree. They can still steal it if they want to bad enough, but they’re going to work for it!

Reactions: NWOHhunter