Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New fishing rig.

For the last couple years I have debated about getting a boat. I have gone between big and little. I finally decided on just getting a nice yak and putting a trolling motor on it. Went with a Nucanoe Frontier with a minn Kota 45 trolling motor. Still getting my accessories figured out but it works well. The trolling motor pushes it at a pretty good clip. Wife likes not having to paddle.
F13FAED5-2987-41D3-A12B-83FD60A6230A.jpeg
7D589F88-C1EB-4973-95D1-09A262B92913.jpeg
175E8E76-A95B-4578-86EB-3D6E9225C0EC.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
For the last couple years I have debated about getting a boat. I have gone between big and little. I finally decided on just getting a nice yak and putting a trolling motor on it. Went with a Nucanoe Frontier with a minn Kota 45 trolling motor. Still getting my accessories figured out but it works well. The trolling motor pushes it at a pretty good clip. Wife likes not having to paddle. View attachment 103228View attachment 103229View attachment 103230
Nice set up all u need for small water

Reactions: cspot
That’s a pretty sweet setup. I don’t fish a ton but something like that would be perfect for streams and small lakes

We have had it out on the Ohio River as well. Although we haven't been too far off shore when we have. LOL. I don't think I would want to cross the main channel at 3MPH with barge traffic. LOL. When we did that we were on either a backchannel or another stream that dumps into it.