Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Bow Recommendation

Ok. I know this question gets asked a lot.

I will make a long winded post as short as I can. Since my kids started hunting I have been hunting with a crossbow since we all can use the same couple of crossbows. Now since they are all but 1 hunting on their own, I have been hunting more by myself especially this year. This has allowed me to start to be more mobile. Carrying a crossbow to a preset stand isn't bad, but with stand on your back hunting carrying a crossbow just plainly sucks.

So I am looking at going back to a compound bow for next season. Not looking for the top of the line, but just want a good bow and a company that has good customer service. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't really followed the vertical market to know what is good.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I am by no means an expert on this but I was recently in the same situation. The best advice that I got (and followed) was to handle and shoot as many as I could. I shot probably a dozen different bows in all the major brands. Once I shot the right one I “knew”. Others with more knowledge can chime in here with the technical stuff to look for but I think a lot of it boils down to what feels right for you. I ended up getting a Mission (made by Mathews) MXR. I’ve enjoyed the heck out of shooting it so far although I’m not quite confident enough to hunt with it. My goal is to transition next season. Good luck in your search, hope you have as much fun looking as I did!

Chass

The Hills
What isaac said x100. Set a budget and go shoot. Just about all manufacturers have bows in every price point. Remember, you get what you pay for when it comes to quality and generally customer service if you need em. I've not really heard of anyone having to deal with any of the major manufacturers customer service. Seems compounds are built to last if you take care of em, my current bow is 7 years old now.

I'll be the third one to "echo" the same thing... "Physically", put your hands on as many bows as possible...and shoot them too. (y):cool:
Everything from how it feels in your hand to the draw cycle, how it holds at full draw and how it feels upon release is VERY important to each archer.

Archery is a very personal sport that fits everyone, in some way. That's why so many enjoy it, in so many different ways. :)

Bowhunter57