Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NC turkey 2022

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We pulled in to the public at 2:00 am. Joseph picked me up at 5:40 and we went to a private farm. The boys knew the spot they wanted to try on public. None of us heard much. The boys had one inside of 100 on the roost and watched him jump down with 4 hens. He wasn’t even interested in the strutting decoy.
Joseph and I heard one a good ways off. He ended up responding to me only 5 times and maybe a dozen total gobbles. He was on the opposite side of a swamp with a hen following him. When he saw the decoys he puffed up and crossed a dry spot in the swamp….. Joseph had already picked that spot for that reason. He got inside 40 and I let it fly in the most wide open spot in the entire area.
Currently sitting with the boys in gusty winds hearing nothing.

Bigcountry40

Spencie you kill that bird on public or private, I know last year you killed on private but went and looked at some public and talked about putting in for some draw hunts in NC?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I’m with Tyler on public. Had one fly down 75 yards from us, gobbled once and left with hens.
Joseph took Ethan on private.
C456BD08-7B2C-4EAE-9E00-8670BC07A973.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Finally had some responses late this afternoon. They wouldn’t cooperate though. Tyler got within 60 yards of one for 30 minutes but couldn’t get it any closer
Any gobbling is action. I get discouraged quick when you never hear one. Stick with it, just a matter of time.