Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Trophyline Mission platform is here!

After sitting the Hawk Helium next to the Trophyline Mission, there's a HUGE difference in available foot room. (y) 💯

I may put a rope wrap on the front and sides, but I want to climb with it, before making any decisions.
This should make a comfortable difference, for those long sits in my Cruzr XC tree saddle, this fall. :cool:
Mission 2.jpg

Mission 1.jpg

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I have heard a lot of good reviews about that platform. I ran a two wild edge steps as my platform last year and like that. I have a Predator XL for those all-day hunts. I been working this offseason with a one-step set-up. I am really liking the versatility and minimalist approach!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Id without a doubt get my boot caught in one of those big gaps on the platform.. or at least it looks that way. Better make sure you wear your safety harness!

Reactions: Bowhunter57
Id without a doubt get my boot caught in one of those big gaps on the platform.. or at least it looks that way. Better make sure you wear your safety harness!
Not to worry, brother. :) I'm tethered in, from the time I leave the ground.
That's what I like about this 2TC climbing method. I'm always tied to the tree and have no risk of a fall. (y)💯

Actually, the texture of this platform has a good grip for your boots and the gaps/holes aren't something that you'd get your boot caught in, at all. :cool:

Reactions: Gern186

whitetailjunky3

Not to worry, brother. :) I'm tethered in, from the time I leave the ground.
That's what I like about this 2TC climbing method. I'm always tied to the tree and have no risk of a fall. (y)💯

Actually, the texture of this platform has a good grip for your boots and the gaps/holes aren't something that you'd get your boot caught in, at all. :cool:
What’s the 2 tc climbing method I’m interested? I’m torn between trophyline and the latitude platform.

I tested some new ropes this evening and setup the new Mission platform. (y)
Learning what size rope, which hitch to use and how to tie some of these knots, has a harsh learning curve. :rolleyes:
I'm still finding what works best and easiest. It's getting there and every time that I climb, I learn some thing new. :cool:💯
This evening, I found out that using only 1 Foot Loop is easier than 2.
I climb with my left leg and hug the tree with my right leg, while moving the tethers up the tree. This seems to give me better balance and makes climbing easier and faster. Tomorrow, I'm going to try using a distel hitch with a mini pulley, instead of this ascender hitch.
Z Rappel 2.jpg

Z Rappel 1.jpg