Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My stupid pet peeves.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Driving up to Ohio I encounter people on the WV turnpike that are terrified to pass a semi when going around a curve. I have had people slam on their brakes.
77 needs too be 3 lanes in each direction from start to finish imho.... As do most interstate highways anymore.
Why Virginia chooses not too do a truck lane is beyond me....

Reactions: finelyshedded

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Work calling when your on "days off".
Last 10 years before I retired, phone plugged in laying on the headboard so I can be available 24/7 for just in case issues... Wasn’t required but expected. Nothing like sitting on your couch talking a flight crew through an issue on your cell phone.... meanwhile they’re circling the runway with emergency vehicles surrounding they’re anticipated landing 😂

Reactions: CJD3

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
u6f7lfl.jpg

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
77 needs too be 3 lanes in each direction from start to finish imho.... As do most interstate highways anymore.
Why Virginia chooses not too do a truck lane is beyond me....

As much as I agree 3 lanes will never happen through WV, hell we are lucky it is 4 lanes. I can remember when it was 2 lanes.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The lady in her 50s who was infront of me at the post office who asked how she'll be notified when her package arrives. The worker told her she'll need to enter the tracking number on the website. The lady asks the postal worker to write down the website, and then what number she has to enter.

What cave did you just crawl out of! Does her nametag say google search on it. And as a bonus, while on the site enter your phone number for text alerts. I dont understand how customer-facing service employees maintain employment. I wouldn't last a day.

Reactions: finelyshedded

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
The lady in her 50s who was infront of me at the post office who asked how she'll be notified when her package arrives. The worker told her she'll need to enter the tracking number on the website. The lady asks the postal worker to write down the website, and then what number she has to enter.

What cave did you just crawl out of! Does her nametag say google search on it. And as a bonus, while on the site enter your phone number for text alerts. I dont understand how customer-facing service employees maintain employment. I wouldn't last a day.

I’m reminded of the great u tube clips of “if google was a man”

Reactions: Jackalope

Creamer

Athens
One of my biggest is people in public with no self awareness.

Example: the person in Kroger (or whatever store) with their cart in the middle of the aisle, standing beside it on their phone, keeping anyone from getting past them, oblivious to the fact that they are in everyone's way.