Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My new strap-on

Jamie

Ohio
no, you fucking perverts, not that kind. :D

Great Northern adjustable kickback extreme bow quiver. they have made some tremendous improvements to their quivers since I purchased a couple of them 20+ years ago. These were darn good quivers then, too. I was still using my GN longbow quiver until today. same basic design, but this new one is made to orient the arrows back toward the string, keeping the arrows more in line with the braced bows limbs, rather than being parallel to the handle. makes a difference if you are trying to maneuver or be quiet in tight quarters. the adjustable length between the attachments goes from about 10" to 17". the old style "lonbgow" quiver has attachments 10" apart, the old style "recurve" quiver has attachments about 12" apart. I don't think I ever used my old style recurve quiver as it was just a little too long to put on a wooden bow. must have attachments that are as close to the handle as possible, otherwise you can get into the working limb, and a bow won't shoot right if the quiver is interfering with limb travel. affordable, decent looking, super quiet, plenty solid, plenty durable, easy on and off, and made in USA. in Michigan, to be exact. Everything you could ever want in a strap-on. :geek: quiver.

I did pay a little extra for the taller hood. longer heads, like the Woodsman, barely fit all the way in the regular size. great quiver, great company.

since I started using only wooden bows I've tried all sorts of quivers to avoid putting one on the bow. Cat Quiver, Side Stalker, hip quivers, back quivers. I just never cared for any of them very much. I like having arrows practically in my hand while I'm hunting, and a bow quiver is the only way to do that. I've tried a couple of other two piece strap on quivers, and they were ok. did the job, but had the tendency to move around sometimes. The arrow gripper sliding down away from the handle from lots of shooting got to be a real bother. This quiver solves every issue I've had with every other quiver I've used. I'm sure some purist douche out there would curse me for putting a quiver like this on a hand made wooden bow, but I'm more about utility than anything else when it comes to hunting accoutrements like this.

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.jpg

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
I really like the fact that it is swept back
Every quiver I have owned puts your fletching out front. Looks like the limb will actually give some protection to your arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

exactly why I got this particular one. I attempted to accomplish the same thing with my old quiver by shimming out the upper attachment with about an inch worth of stacked tooling leather squares under the the attachment. it worked, but not quite enough. any more leather shims and the quiver would start to become mis-shapen, which would make the arrows hard to get lined up from hood to grippers, if that makes any sense.