Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My new rig!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I picked up an Oneida Strike Eagle on ebay and decided to spruce her up. After taking it apart I painted the risor florescent green and the limbs dark gray. I had planned on hydro dipping it in a blue Kryptek pattern, but after doing a test run on a Bear 76r riser (unsuccessfully because I was trying to conserve activator spray) I decided not to because I didn't like the way it looked (what little stuck) and I was just about out of activator spray.

After watching a few youtube videos I decided to do a hydro spray paint dip (bucket filled with water and spray paint floating on the surface). You have to use enamel or acrylic paint otherwise it won't work (found out on the 76r test riser). Anyway I dipped the limbs and riser in a black and was VERY happy with out it turned out. I gave it 24 hours to dry and then I sprayed three or four coats of satin clear coat to protect the paint and give her a bit of shine.

After another 24 hours of drying I put her back together, re-timed the cams and adjusted the tiller. Man she's a shooter, has a super smooth draw, and I was also shocked how quite she is. The last time I shot an Oneida bow you could hear it go off in the next county. Hopefully the weather holds out for my Friday night trip. :pickle:

BEFORE

Strike Eagle .jpg

AFTER

Strike Eagle 2.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a buddy who shot one for years and swore by it as the best bow on the market.... It finally came apart and he bought a Mathews lol

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Tell me more!

What do you want to know?

Hydro spray painting is REALLY easy. Hydro dipping a camo film is something that takes some practice. I'm still learning how to do it. I did a hydro film dip on a Bear 76r a few months back. I didn't make sure the water was warm enough and didn't tape the edges of the film to keep it together when the activator spray was applied. It ended up spreading to thin and didn't cover the whole risor/limbs.

The hydro paint is nice because you can chase the paint on the water. It's also a LOT cheaper.... LOL

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I'm interested in knowing more about that crazy looking thing you called a bow. I've never seen one like that before.

It's an Onieda lever bow. It is basically what happens when you breed a recurve with a compound bow. I guess it's kind of like a demi bow. It's has the genetics of an elite traditional bow, but crossed with a mortal compound...... LOL