Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My first strouds experience

Smawgunner2

Athens County
You just can’t drop that little tidbit and not tell what whole story!!!! 😂
It's embarrassing. I was hunting with a 45-70. I was all set up in my blind...10 minutes until 30 min after sunset..last day of gun season. All 3 windows open, my chair against the door...and I hear deer behind me. The door had a tiny slit window in it. Opened it and stuck the barrel out the window but the window was too small, the scope didn't clear it so I had to turn the rifle sideways. You see where this is going. Butt was not snug into my shoulder. Smooch! Doc said my eye looked like a cake with icing that someone ran their finger through. 🤦‍♂️
EDIT.....ever dress out a deer with one eye open in the dark by yourself? 😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Was at the Grandriver shooting range with some work friends, my son was was also with me. A couple guys a few stations down were shooting as well. I always warn him about the “scope eye” scenario. He saw it first hand with one of the other guys at the other station do it. Amazing how much it bleeds….. huge gash above his eye. They left too get him stitched up. Needless too say my son was very aware of it afterwards. After they left we had a little fun at their expense 😂 The scope eye guys buddy actually peeled the skin of of the eye piece of the scope and asked him if he wanted it back….😳 The rubber around the eye piece was missing off of it, apparently that’s there for a reason 😂