Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloading ding

Stressless

Keene, OH
There are places to purchase on-line but shipping is getting backed-up for the holiday. Might be good to try as alternative while you try and find some local.

Heard a rumor there was a primer shortage overall going on right now. Wonder if that has anything to do with them being hard to find too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Does any one know where I can find 209 Winchester primers and blackhorn black powder ? None around Columbus

Good luck. I was able to find some 209s at a pawn shop / gun store here local last weekend. Your best bet is to call around to smaller places like that.

Reactions: Hedgelj

Johnny44

Norton's up in Waldo seems to have plenty of muzzleloading stuff. I didn't see any powder but I am pretty sure they had primers. It's a hike from Downtown Columbus but not too bad from the north side depending on where you are.

Reactions: eloucha

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I can't help. If you lived close I'd say come over and I'd hook you up with 15 or 20 primers and some pyrodex.

I just wanna say - I'm about sick to fucking death and tired of these fucking ammo supply and reloading supply and gun shortages. Really pissing me off. I got plenty of everything I need, but it pisses me off that I can't just walk out and buy a brick of small pistol primers.

Rant over sorry return to your regularly scheduled programming

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
If push comes to shove and you're still in a jam after trying everything else, I'm 40-45 minutes from downtown Columbus doing the speedlimit heading South on SR104/Jackson Pike Rd. towards Chillicothe.

I've got plenty of Federal 209 primers & Blackhorn Black Gun Powder.

I only care to be your absolute last restort though due to the current, anything related, gun BS market.

eloucha

Columbus Ohio
If push comes to shove and you're still in a jam after trying everything else, I'm 40-45 minutes from downtown Columbus doing the speedlimit heading South on SR104/Jackson Pike Rd. towards Chillicothe.

I only care to be your absolute last restort though due to the current, anything related, gun BS market.

Thank you so much. Last week I was in area and This weekend too. I got some pellet but trying to switch to lose powder.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Norton's up in Waldo seems to have plenty of muzzleloading stuff. I didn't see any powder but I am pretty sure they had primers. It's a hike from Downtown Columbus but not too bad from the north side depending on where you are.
Norton's didn't have any blackhorn last week when I stopped before I met Giles and Hoot.

eloucha

Columbus Ohio

I got this temporary till I find blackhorn lose and primers ding ding

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
This is all the primers the sportsmans den in Shelby had.... yesterday
20201213_141154.jpg

The pox on the top shelf is 209, not sure how many are left in the box. They are charging $3 for a card of 100, you're only allowed 1 per customer. No pistol primers at all

OO2

In the Uplands
It’s not current information but I was able to get blackhorn 209 from Newark/ Heath Walmart last year when it was in high demand. I’ll report back if I hear anything or am able to find some.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

I only care to be your absolute last resort though due to the current, anything related, gun BS market.

20201214_202401.jpg

My current inventory above. They are all new, unopened and stored appropriately.

Again, if you're totally unable to find these products anywhere else, I'll only part with 1 box of 100 of the Federal #209 primers and 1 - 10 oz. bottle of the Blackhorn 209 Propellant. You'll have to pick them up from me directly either sometime tomorrow or most any time after 'Bonus Gun Weekend'.
  • $14.98 - 1 Box of 100 of the Federal #209 Muzzleloader Primers
  • $34.99 - 1 NET WT. 10 OZ. bottle of the BLACKHORN PROPELLANT
  • $6.00 - Shipping cost
  • $6.00 - Tax
$61.97 was my cost when I originally purchased them, which was back on 06/26/2019.

I shoot an old 'KNIGHT' 50cal inline Muzzleloader that I converted last summer to the Blackhorn 209 propellant & #209 Federal primers .

I harvested my very first ever muzzy deer with it @65yrds, utilizing a Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ 50 Caliber Sabot with 45 Caliber Polymer Tip Boat Tail Lead-Free Bullet.
20200105_182441.jpg

I completely verified and totally stand behind these products. Each of them combined performed flawlessly for me each time I used them.

You are more than welcome to check out the field test that I conducted and documented right after I converted my Knight Muzzleloader to the 209 Blackhorn & #209 Federal primers by clicking on the following 'TOO' internet hyperlink - This Old Knight

If you're still interested in what I'll part with, then shoot me a follow up PM and we'll figure out a time to meet.

Last edited:

eloucha

Columbus Ohio
View attachment 116306

My current inventory above. They are all new, unopened and stored appropriately.

Again, if you're totally unable to find these products anywhere else, I'll only part with 1 box of 100 of the Federal #209 primers and 1 - 10 oz. bottle of the Blackhorn 209 Propellant. You'll have to pick them up from me directly either sometime tomorrow or most any time after 'Bonus Gun Weekend'.
  • $14.98 - 1 Box of 100 of the Federal #209 Muzzleloader Primers
  • $34.99 - 1 NET WT. 10 OZ. bottle of the BLACKHORN PROPELLANT
  • $6.00 - Shipping cost
  • $6.00 - Tax
$61.97 was my cost when I originally purchased them, which was back on 06/26/2019.

I shoot an old 'KNIGHT' 50cal inline Muzzleloader that I converted last summer to the Blackhorn 209 propellant & #209 Federal primers .

I harvested my very first ever muzzy deer with it @65yrds, utilizing a Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ 50 Caliber Sabot with 45 Caliber Polymer Tip Boat Tail Lead-Free Bullet.
View attachment 116308

I completely verified and totally stand behind these products. Each of them combined performed flawlessly for me each time I used them.

You are more than welcome to check out the field test that I conducted and documented right after I converted my Knight Muzzleloader to the 209 Blackhorn & #209 Federal primers by clicking on the following 'TOO' internet hyperlink - This Old Knight

If you're still interested in what I'll part with, then shoot me a follow up PM and we'll figure out a time to meet.

Thank u so much for helping me out. I got some from scheels online order it today afternoon if some happen and never came I contact you it u still have them. Thank you again. Hope u harvest more and more

Bowkills

Nw oh
I've probably enjoyed muzzleloader as much as shotgun in my lifetime. It's getting down to the wire. Usually cold with snow is on the ground. I see a snowflake on my weather for Friday night but doubting it. Most times during this season if you find a deer it has many friends with it. I got my eye on a herd of 40+ tonight that I should be able to gain permission where they came from. Going to be shooting over the next few days. Should be a good time in the deer woods. Would love to nail a fatty!!!!! Anyone else going to make a smoke cloud?