Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader Supplies

Got to thinking about the availability of things since my daughter's BF does not have a muzzy and may be in the market. Last few times I checked 209 primers were still nonexistent but I was able to find no. 11 caps for both my cap-lock and my Remington 700 ML. The Hornady sabots I use I was able to find during the summer and picked up more than I will ever use so that is one good thing. Powder I have plenty to last for many years so far. You guys having any luck finding things?

I'm well stocked for years to come for my muzzy. It you need some 209 primers, I have enough Federals now and I will mail out some to you if you can't find any. Let me know Chuck, I'd be happy to help ya out!
Thanks Denny! I will definitely keep that in mind in the coming days if he 'pulls the trigger' on one. We probably have enough to get him sighted in but wouldn't have many after that.

Reactions: Wildlife

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County

This should last you awhile.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have plenty of primers and triple 7 pellets…stored in a cool dry basement. About ten years old…are they still any good or should I throw them out and get new? Haven’t hunted black powder in a while.😂

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have plenty of primers and triple 7 pellets…stored in a cool dry basement. About ten years old…are they still any good or should I throw them out and get new? Haven’t hunted black powder in a while.😂

I think it would be just fine, but try to get it out and shoot some of it to find out to confirm. I have some old elephant black powder, probably 25 years old at least and I shot that stuff just fine two years ago and who knows where or how it was stored. My father in-law gave that to me along with #11 caps and Hornady balls when he passed down his old Knight 50cal inline muzzleloader to me and I converted it to the blackhorn with federal 209 primer and Barnes TMZ sabots, which is like shooting a whole different kind of muzzleloader, which I love the damn thing still today.

Last edited:
Just purchased a BP long rifle, in flintlock. After the fact, I find out that 4F is nearly impossible to find. :rolleyes:
I was able to get my hands on a 1 lb. can of 3F, which will get me by for the the flash pan and reduced charges for the 54 caliber bore.

I talked to the people at The Log Cabin, in Lodi and they mentioned the current factory production of black powder will go to government contracts, FIRST. Civilian customers may not see any 4F until December. :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla and CJD3