Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moultrie Delta Cellular Camera... GARBAGE!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
All our Deltas are history... They did send my friend a new one, HOWEVER SOMEHOW HOW THEY STOPPED HIS SERVICE... When he called them they said: Now how did that happen... Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Link please?

When I posted that, I did read somewhere where these only work on Verizon. Obviously that's wrong since mine runs on AT&T & I forgot I mentioned that, so sorry.... if that's what the link question is for.

On another note, here I go again ...an update to mine.....

I was having problems from the get go w/mine, with it constantly shutting off, the low IR emitting & such. I did throw it away, only to retrieve it & fugg around with it. Being optimistic & since I had the warranty, I figured something is better than nothing. I sent it back & actually just received the replacement a few days ago. So far, I am happy with it. The day time pics are ok. The night time pics.... I learned... if the cam is set to send only pics, the night time pics are bright. Almost comparable to my other cams, though not as clear & crisp, but very doable. Once I start getting buck pics, I'll post. If the cam is set to take a pic and video, then the IR pic isn't bright. I don't know why it's not, but I do like the videos just the same. The videos are too big ( file size ) to share on here. I can do it thru my Samsung acct, but they are removed a short time later. I gotta find a a good file compressor.
Just like my X6000, you have the option to have the cam send 1 or 3 shot burst. This Delta gives you that option as well, but it doesn't do it, just a single. I have it set for a 15 sec delay & so far it hasn't missed anything. In regards to firmware updates, Moultrie did tell me they're working on, but don't have any idea when it'll come out.
Sooo, only time will tell on how long this will last. Since that 1st X6000 was free & this was the replacement, the only thing I'm out is time & a set of batteries. These cams are too much of a risk I believe, but at $99 or whatever, that the chance u take. On the flip side, all my other $99 cams, such as the Spypoint Micros have been great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stressless

Fletch

Supporting Member
On a side note my friend picked up 2 at Walmart for $39 each... Why I don't know... They are still on his workbench in garage... So check your local Walmart... For $39 maybe they will come up with a fix...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy bought two. Has been in changing cards (card reading issue initially on one camera). Has swapped batteries twice in a couple months. One takes decent pics. Other are dark. I think they were around $90-110 each. I almost bought two to add to his and combine our picture plan costs. Glad I didn't. I don't go swap my regular camera cards or batteries as often as he has been in there keeping these going. I'm about to shoot his camera and tell him to quit blowing the deer out by messing with the camera. Lol

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The IR brightness does fluctuate in the pic only mode i found out ....

downloaded637683279260747370.jpg
downloaded637683280013572540.jpg
downloaded637683279704614090.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla