Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moose Hunt

Jamie

Ohio
Update: Outfitter called to let me know he had 2 cancellations for the following week of 10/25-10/31 offered it to us if we want it. That week we will be the only 2 hunters in camp. The week before, which we are currently booked for, there are 5 hunters in camp including us. If we hunt the next week we would have the entire area to ourselves. I'm thinking that may increase our odds. What do you guys think?
the later you get into October, the more weather can become a factor. I hunted there the first week of September both trips. weather was not much of a factor other than some rain and high winds. you can get into some serious snow there in late October. they get like 220" of snow a year in NF.

tpierce

Update: We are booked for the week of 9/21/20. Will be hunting with A1 Hunts in the Twin Lakes area. Been working on getting all my gear upgraded for the hunt. I did buy a new Tikka T3x lite stainless 300 win mag. Just put a Leupold scope on it.

Hey Jamie, what is your recommendation for footwear? I was planning to take some 18" neoprene boots, and wear a good pair of leather/composite waterproof 10" hunting boots on the flight up. We are taking our loaded packs as carry-on in case they lose our duffel bags. That way we'll at least have the basics.

I was told to allow 2-1/2" 3 hrs to get through customs in Toronto because of the guns. Any tips there?