Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maximum distance with Savage 220

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How many guys that said no have ever shot at a running deer? Not a ideal shot but if you want meat you have to put lead in the air. 200 is a poke but that gun is the right tool for the job.

In 50 years of deer hunt I've only shot at 1 running deer and killed it to. And that one was my 1st Ohio deer that was a buck in 1972.

Lundy

How many guys that said no have ever shot at a running deer? Not a ideal shot but if you want meat you have to put lead in the air. 200 is a poke but that gun is the right tool for the job.

Really? How far does a deer move if running at a 90 degree angle at 200 yds with the Savage 220?

I really don't like your expressed position, but it you choice to do what you want just as it is my choice to label you, based upon your above post , a slob hunter.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Been called a lot of things in my life but never that.if you knew me you would know that I'm not anywhere close to that statement.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Really? How far does a deer move if running at a 90 degree angle at 200 yds with the Savage 220?

I really don't like your expressed position, but it you choice to do what you want just as it is my choice to label you, based upon your above post , a slob hunter.
I should let him defend himself, but I took it as: GT pointing out how a 200yd shot is no different than a guy shooting at a running deer. There are guys out there who feel that way. "Need the meat so here goes nothing." I never guessed GT as being "that guy".

Last edited:

Lundy

My apologizes if I misinterpreted your post.

I don't like "just throw lead and hope" I respect the animal way too much