Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Man. Decisions decisions.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Neighbor lady has a go cart posted that she selling because her kids are too big for it now. It's been in the garage for a couple years. She said they tried to jump it and it would turn over but not start. I opened the gas tank and it was varnish. They sold new for about 3k and sell for about 3400 today. I'm thinking about buying it to flip. Should just need the fuel system and carb cleaned and new gas. But man, I don't need another project. But I also see some money to be made. Hmmm. What to do what to do. How well do these things sell?

68597.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do it. Harbor Freight has a sale on Predator go-cart engines and parts right now. Slap a new motor in it for $300 and send it down the road!

Oh no bud, not Coleman style go cart. It has a 149 cc motor and CVT drivetrain.

Screenshot_20220629-210658_Drive.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Betcha fix it and keep it.

😂 Not my thing. I'm just thinking about flipping it. At $800. A few hours to get it running. $20 in some rattle can paint and it could be looking pretty sharp. I would think I could send it down the road for 1,500 at least. They're 3,400 new. But I don't know how well these things sell.

Reactions: Dustinb80

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh no bud, not Coleman style go cart. It has a 149 cc motor and CVT drivetrain.

View attachment 155424
Ahhhh… I had the 212cc racing engines in mind… but yea, it appears that GTS uses a pretty specific motor and drivetrain configuration. So it sounds like you’re on the right track with some basic carb work. Just don’t spray any carb cleaner in your eyes. That’s no fun at all. Don’t ask me how I know!

I would think if you just hold on to it for another 6 months, you could move it pretty easily when Christmas rolls around. Did it up, list it for 2k, then let it ride until Christmas and see if you get any takers. Easy money as long as you have the storage space and the patience to deal with the “is this still available” clowns.