Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Macular degenerationa

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
A couple of you know that i have age related macular generation - been receiving treatment for about 8 years - i have no central vision in my right eye - 20/20 in my left eve. Dedetected it when the cross hairs looked wavey lill - well any way i go every 8 weeks for eye injections or eylea which has been keeping things pretty much stable. Well yday they injected me and i lost the vision i had in my right eye like Blam - and the left eye went out of focus - scarey shit - doc thinks it was the pressure change from the injection - well it was bad yday - back to near normal tday - sorry i had to tell someone - thanks

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Scary isn’t the word for that, that’ll shake you too the bone, Dan.... Biggest fear for me is vision loss as well... Paternal side of the family had issues with age related macular degeneration. So we’re diligent when it comes too our vision....

Reactions: xbowguy

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I was afraid to finish reading the post Dan... But I had to. I'm very relieved to read it came back around.
You are in my thoughts.

Reactions: hickslawns

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Dan what drops are you using before the injections?
Well they check the pressure, dialate your eyes, photograph the macula - numb drops, numbing, injection, medicine injection every 8 weeks - no daily drops at home cleveland clinic cole eye institute - first time i had a prolem

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Scary stuff for sure. No need to say "Stay strong" or some shit like that because a tuff old geezer like you don't know any other way to do it....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well they check the pressure, dialate your eyes, photograph the macula - numb drops, numbing, injection, medicine injection every 8 weeks - no daily drops at home cleveland clinic cole eye institute - first time i had a prolem
Gotcha, that may change if it happens again. The wife said that’s SOP for this issue.