Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lungbuster Family 2020 - 2021

lung buster

hocking county
I had a small buck walk under me this am and that was it.
Drew and i both hunted this eve and were skunked.
We are both going again in the am...

Drew hunts: 5
Deer seen: 1 doe
Addy hunts: 6
Deer seen: 3 doe, 3 bucks, 1 unknown
Solo hunts: 6
Deer seen: 1 doe, 2 buck, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
I seen 3 doe this am and drew seen nothing. The lone doe walked right under me and was headed for Drew which was 100 yds away from me but she turned and went the opposite way....
Not sure if we will go this eve and tomorrow's weather is not looking good.

Drew hunts: 6
Deer seen: 1 doe
Addy hunts: 6
Deer seen: 3 doe, 3 bucks, 1 unknown
Solo hunts: 7
Deer seen: 4 doe, 2 buck, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and Addy both hunted this eve. Drew could of shot a small doe and a small buck but surprisingly chose not to. I don't blame him with the pics we have gotten recently in there...
Addy had a medium doe at 13 yds. It smelled us and stood facing us for 10 minutes with no broadside opportunity. Try that silliness this weekend when she's toting her muzzy and see what happens...lol
Drew goes back to school tomorrow but got word last night that Addy's school is out now due to covid. She doesn't go back until tues of gun week as of now... stay tuned.

Drew hunts: 7
Deer seen: 2 doe, 1 buck
Addy hunts: 7
Deer seen: 4 doe, 3 bucks, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Both kids hunted tonight. Drew had probably the best sit he's had in 10 years of hunting. He seen 6 does and a small buck. Said he had his safety off 3 times but didn't shoot. Definitely sounded like he had " all the fun and i had no mess", still one of my favorite quotes from a great member here!
I cant believe he gave the does a pass after his struggles last yr...hopefully his reward will be big and ugly!
Addy and I seen a small buck that picked us off right before prime time and ruined those last few magical minutes when things usually happen. Card pull from her spot showed multiple bucks including a shooter at 5:15 pm last Thursday when she didn't want to go so i went solo to another stand.
Definitely some motivation after tonight's events going into youth weekend...

Drew hunts: 8
Deer seen: 8 doe, 2 buck
Addy hunts: 8
Deer seen: 4 doe, 4 bucks, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
The buck and doe never doubled back. Drew seen another deer later cross above but was unsure what it was. He said the doe came within 5 yds of his tree and he needed the buck to stop just a few more steps for a clean shot....it wasn't big ugly but another definite shooter. Hitting it tomorrow with both kids and then its muzzy and .350 time!!

Drew hunts: 9
Deer seen: 9 doe, 3 buck, 1 unknown
Addy hunts: 8
Deer seen: 4 doe, 4 bucks, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Kids both hunted tonight. Drew was a skunk and Addy and I had a small buck at 15 yds. Watching 2 different weather stations and 1 shows rain at daylight and the shows none...The weekend is not looking to good for the youth, Sunday will be a wash....

Drew hunts: 10
Addy hunts: 9
Deer seen: 4 doe, 5 bucks, 1 unknown

Reactions: finelyshedded

lung buster

hocking county
Addy hunted this eve and was skunked. Drew did what teenage boys do and hung out with his girlfriend...not looking like much will take place tomorrow. They will probably will get the bows out a few times next week and then wait on gun week....

Drew hunts: 10
Addy hunts: 10
Deer seen: 4 doe, 5 bucks, 1 unknown

Reactions: giles

lung buster

hocking county
Addy and I were set up before daylight this am. Around 8:00 we caught movement above us. Two does were running our way. They got to 40 yds and she whispered stop them, lol. Fortunately i didn't and immediately i seen another deer coming behind them. The does made a right and came 15 yds from us. The buck stayed back about 50 yds away. The does caught her moving her gun towards the buck and they bolted. I whispered now or never and she made a perfect shot thru a small window between two trees. We couldn't even tell which way he ran due to the smoke and really never heard him either.
I could tell her bullet made it thru the two trees and new she had to have hit him. She was very confident in her shot so we gave it awhile and climbed down to take a look. There was a pile of hair at the impact but no blood. We started towards the way we thought he could of went and she spotted a big white belly. He made it 50 yds or so. Very proud of her shooting this am especially without any type of rest!

After field dressing her buck we tried to push the does toward Drew but he seen nothing....

20201122_085023.jpg

20201122_113403.jpg

Drew hunts: 11
Addy hunts: 11
Deer seen: 6 doe, 6 bucks, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
A skunk for Drew last night and a skunk for me this am...

Drew hunts: 12
Addy hunts: 11
Deer seen: 6 doe, 6 bucks, 1 unknown
Solo hunts: 8