Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lumber prices😳

Floki

Spend money now for what may be needed later.

If not sell it later.... Guaranteed you will not regret it!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If everything inflats, the money actually stays the same. Right?
Basically put: Inflation means your dollar is worth less. You buy less gasoline for $10 today than you did in 1990. Today it is 3-4 gallons. In 1990 it filled your tank.

Reactions: giles

Rather long but you will understand why money is debt based in USA and not really money but currency. Fractional reserve banking and an illegal central bank create the perfect Ponzi Scheme. The "money changers" always do what they do...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Rather long but you will understand why money is debt based in USA and not really money but currency. Fractional reserve banking and an illegal central bank create the perfect Ponzi Scheme. The "money changers" always do what they do...
And they always will. Our dollar has been devalued for decades. The buying power of the dollar is in a constant decline due to inflation. Watch gold, silver, bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, are all going to increase in value. Put another way: Gold has a constant value. The price of gold goes up or down based on what the currency is doing. If the dollar is down, it takes more dollars to buy an ounce of gold. If the dollar is increasing in value, you can buy more gold with your dollar. Takes less dollars to buy an ounce. But. . .the money manipulators will do what they want. They know what they are doing. They buy and sell stocks ahead of time and retire multi millionaires on sub $200k/yr salaries. It is messed up.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I looked into buying a sawmill a few years back in prep for my project. I have trees to do it with and had time to dry after cutting. Ohio you can not build any load bearing walls without a wood inspection stamp. Native oak is a bitch to build with drying warping and gets near impossible to drive a nail if it gets to dry. There are major horror stories out there on resale of homes built with native and having a lumber inspection come in after the fact. I was to big of a pussy to pull the trigger. It sounds like a bunch of bs but the Amish have sawmills everywhere around me and zero of their homes are built from locally sawn lumber. It's extreme horseshit.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I can't disagree with an increase. I can be disappointed in how fast it has increased.

How is Trex decking material looking? Or concrete walls? I haven't done my research on other materials yet.
I'll let u know the damage. I was told concrete was going up soon. As of a few weeks ago it still was ok. I have wood joists /sub floor and all the roof stuff going in this addition is all. I hope concrete holds.

Reactions: giles

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
1618537105332.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
I can't disagree with an increase. I can be disappointed in how fast it has increased.

How is Trex decking material looking? Or concrete walls? I haven't done my research on other materials yet.
Concrete products go up once a year I was told at the block plant an hr ago. It just went up 3% this month (normal yearly jump). Bought a large quantity of them . He said you can pay per load when you need it......heck no here's a Check for it all. 1st truckload gets here Wednesday.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I had to go to 5 different Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Amazon to get all the electrical stuff I needed

I wanted to run a gas line and needed about 50 foot of flexable gas line (CSST) and fittings. Blowes doesn't even carry it in store anymore, but you can order it online. Home dipshit had it in stock but the entire packaging said "Must be installed by a certified installer".. Oh fuck off how hard is it to spray some soapy water on a fitting to see if it leaks. But you can buy black pipe all day long in both stores. Which by the way the entire shelving area is nothing but pictures of all the shit you can build with black pipe. This ain't fucking pinterest, show me what I need to run a gas line with a sediment trap.