Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for late season muzzleloader lease

Two old and battered disabled vets looking for late season muzzleloader season lease for this year. We lost the farm (Muskingham County) we had been hunting last 12 years when the farmer retired and moved to Tx. Both long time deer hunters and know how to play by the rules. We need atv access if possible. Too damn old and broken to drag big deer anymore. Prefer SE Ohio

If anyone has their big buck and would like to do a lease that week, email me.

thanks

hermanharke@aol.com

Fletch

Supporting Member
Try Jerry at Huntdeerinohio I believe hes got a piece in Athens County..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thank you both for your service and welcome to TOO. Glad you stopped in and I hope you join in future discussions as we all can learn from one another.
Good luck in your quest and I hope you both knock a biggun down👍🏻👍🏻

Buckkillr

Athens
Local realitor here in Athens is somewhat of a hunting guide around here and gets many pieces of land to lease out every year. Depending on property he charges about $30 an acre + - but usually leases for the entire year but I have seen just certain hunts available. His name is Don Moreland.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-062208.png
    Screenshot_20181205-062208.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 289

Chass

The Hills
$30 an acre is absurd. $20 is steep. If you know where to look it can be had for <$10 an acre which is what I pay. And that also includes insurance

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I dogged you for it bad...but it’s crossing my mind now. Almost can’t say no at the prices these days.

I don't exactly like the idea. But the fact is, we aren't going to stop it by ignoring it, and somebody is going to make that money.

Reactions: giles

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Is that for a whole year? So if it was 100 acres at 30/acre you can lease it for 3 grand for a year? Could other people hunt normally or do you get it to yourself? Sorry to hijack I just don’t know anything about deer leases.

Buckkillr

Athens
That's $30 an acre for whole year and only you or whoever you bring can hunt or do whatever on it. Property taxes aren't cheap down here so allot of the leases are paying the taxes.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you guys need a place next muzzleloader, look me up. I'm in Washington County. I can hook you up with something and it won't cost much.