Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw several deer this evening passed some small bucks.
Screenshot_20221126_202423_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221126_170416_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221126_195032_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221126_170528_Gallery.jpg
20221126_164909.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20221126_180344.jpg

Today’s hunt was in preparation of gun week.

I hunted from 4:00PM until dark and saw two whitetail deer, one antlerless out of bow range and one unknown within bow range, but after quittin time.

Tomorrow is supposed to rain, and I ran out of firewood for the shop stove, so I cutdown a large (100+ footer) dead Ash tree @theotherfarm.

I started work @1:00PM, finished up @3:00PM sharp with the bulk of the tree loaded in the bed of the pickup truck.

Then I drove over to the other side of the property, changed into my huntin clothes, grabbed my compound bow, then took off for an evening hunt.

Didn’t see my first deer until shortly after 5:00PM, and it was a nanny doe that stepped out into the picked cornfield approximately 80 yards south of me. She fed from within the field the entire time. In fact, I packed up and climbed down while she continued to feed out in the field.

Then while hiking back to my truck, as I was approaching the edge of the cornfield from the top of the first ridge, there was a large deer standing in the cornfield, approximately 40 yards away from me, and 50 yards away from my pickup truck.

I knelt, pulled out my doe can, gave it a couple of turns, the deer immediately perked right up from feeding, looked in my direction, then took off like a bat out of hell, headed towards my truck. I continued my hike to the truck with no further issues.

After I changed clothes at the truck, I jumped into the cab and drove the heavy load of firewood home, unloaded, and stacked all of it underneath the barn carport. Cleaned out the bed of the pickup to have ready for the next hunt.

20221126_193521.jpg

I should be good on firewood for all of gun week now. I have every intension of setting up a pop-up ground blind tomorrow in the rain, and then hopefully send a couple of slugs down range afterwards to make sure my deer hunting rifle is still zeroed, functioning properly and completely good to go for Monday’s GUN SEASON opener.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited: