Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
All I can see is a very very small scratch on the limb. No damage to the cam that I can tell. I ran it through the draw cycle a dozen times without any problems. I’ll shoot it Monday morning just to be sure everything is still dialed. Talk about panic and stress lol
That's good news! Hope its still in tune for you , that would definitely be a stressful headache that's a good drop!

Reactions: TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Up in a tree on public again. Not totally in love with this setup, but I think that’s because I don’t trust my deer movement reading ability. If the deer do the same thing that they did 2 nights ago I should be in business. Relatively rapidly dropping temps are in the forecast and the wind direction is right and consistent (for now). Good cover in this tree, and should give me a 20 yard shot. If anything I’m gathering intel for the rest of this week. Good luck to anyone else out.
A51691BB-6272-4D73-A3E6-460898298BE5.jpeg

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
No deer seen. Believe I may have been trick facked by a coyote. Saw him 100 yds directly upwind and in-line for where I anticipated the deer to come from. That was around 4:30ish, squirrels started going nuts again around 5:15/5:30 then they all calmed down, then about 5:45/5:50 I heard a half assed howl in the same direction, couldn’t have been more than 75 yds from me. Not entirely blaming it on the yote but I’m sure he played a role in the lack of deer sightings. Gonna let it rest tomorrow and get back in there Wednesday. Trail cam I hung only had a lone doe from 2 nights ago at last light, I’m not totally trusting its intel though, it’s hard to monitor a 10 acre field with a $25 trail cam lol.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I’m in. Same chunk of public. Wind is less than ideal for where I wanted to be so I’m playing it safe and hunting over the destination food source. With these temps I wouldn’t be surprised if they came in during legal time. If this actually works I will be surprised considering I can start my truck from this tree lol. Crazier things have happened though I guess. Good luck to anyone else out and about, final count down now.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I’m in. Feel like an absolute moron for this attempt but as the kids say, full send. Same public, setup on the same food source but doing a ground assault. Tree I was in did not provide near enough cover. Has gotten a 48 hour break so hopefully they’ll be moving, especially with the wind chill temps at 0°. Brushed myself in decent and in my ghillie suit. If I can fool even a fawn on the third to last day of season on public land on the ground I will be impressed. Here’s to hoping. Good luck to anyone else that’s dumb enough to be out.
image.jpg