Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Being very selective in what I'm looking for even though I've been seeing deer the past few evenings out. Still on the search this evening.
20220118_160251.jpg

Good luck to anybody else that's huntin today!

Reactions: Big_Holla

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Decent deer movement started around 4:20

5 so far w/ only 2 within bow range. No deer were harmed, at least not yet. Only 1 out of the 5 I would've taken a crack at, but she stayed well out of range. Still time but, looks like going to bust loose with rain any minute. Hoping it holds off for another 1/2 hour.
20220119_170714.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Four more showed up with huge doe in toe shortly after my last post.

VideoCapture_20220119-181929.jpg

The big doe stood behind the trees forever while the others were wandering around underneath me. When she finally stepped away from the tree, I drew back and while taking aim, one of the others apparently caught my movement and got spooked.

20220119_172925.jpg

Photo capture just milliseconds before she bolted at 20yrds.

All four of them scattered immediately, just before I got settled in on my point of impact. I backed off right after she left the area. No blow nor flag because neither one of them had any clue what the hell happened really, or where/what I was.

9 deer sightings altogether during this evening's hunt, with 6 of them within bow range and only 2 out of the bunch I cared to shoot. The first shooter was out of range and the second beat me to the punch.

It was very, very close in punching out my last deer tag tonight but, no cigar!

Pressing forward...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Snowy, cloudy overcast, 23* w/ an 8-20mph North wind and I'm hunting out of my 'Southern CRP Stand' for the first time since last year's hunting season.
Plenty of deer tracks within 25yrds of me and the open CRP field looks beautiful.
Gonna see what happens here shortly.

Lookin NW
20220120_162455.jpg

Lookin NE & SW at the top of the South Ridge.
20220120_162717.jpg

Good luck if you're huntin 'TOO'!

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
It aint over yet...got my ass out of my funk and forced myself to scout from the truck thus morning. About brought a tear to my eye when I seen ole pot belly! Even if I don't kill him, I feel like I have a chance. Just gotta play my lungs right. To see a deer Luke that in daylight and within 450 of the truck...I'm a player!
Go get him brotha!

whitetailjunky3

It aint over yet...got my ass out of my funk and forced myself to scout from the truck thus morning. About brought a tear to my eye when I seen ole pot belly! Even if I don't kill him, I feel like I have a chance. Just gotta play my lungs right. To see a deer Luke that in daylight and within 450 of the truck...I'm a player!
Good luck buddy

Fletch

Supporting Member
Glad to hear your back on your feet and able to get up and about... Now.. Forget the deer and concentrate on building your strength back up... Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery...