Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I was just thinking, I'm going to ask my neighbor who you'd be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable and seasoned hunter, to walk my property with me for pointers. Although he isn't pulling wall hangers either. He has food plots but doesn't maintain them anymore. The next guy who feeds that I know of is 1.5 miles away. My land has a wide variety of good food sources...even persimmon, and a mix of mature growth and scrub like greenbrier. And I'm pretty sure it's not my in and out. I'm religious about my scent, in before sun up, out after dark, ....but if you're in the area sometime and want to walk the property with me, I'll buy beers and lunch afterwards.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We're out in the sauna, I mean blind. Bumped one deer off getting in, but it didn't blow, so no harm, no foul. Been lots of activity here over the last week, so fingers 🤞 it holds for one more day and this little warm up doesn't suppress movement.

IMG_20211128_071313_740.jpg

Last edited:

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
I was just thinking, I'm going to ask my neighbor who you'd be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable and seasoned hunter, to walk my property with me for pointers. Although he isn't pulling wall hangers either. He has food plots but doesn't maintain them anymore. The next guy who feeds that I know of is 1.5 miles away. My land has a wide variety of good food sources...even persimmon, and a mix of mature growth and scrub like greenbrier. And I'm pretty sure it's not my in and out. I'm religious about my scent, in before sun up, out after dark, ....but if you're in the area sometime and want to walk the property with me, I'll buy beers and lunch afterwards.
I would just to learn myself. The offer is reciprocal as well.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20211128_151137.jpg

First time in this stand all this season, and I'm give it a trail run in preparation of gun season.
It's my 'Northern CRP Stand' and I have another one directly across the field at the bottom of the South Ridge for different type wind conditions, my 'Southern CRP Stand', also yet to be hunted out of this season. I've been saving them for the big gun.
Major bedding in all directions and it's the first time this field has ever been cut down since I started hunting this place five years ago.

Good luck to anyone that's huntin this evening!