Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
It crazy how dead it is here this year, not only during the day but night also. I have had a few bucks at the feeders at night over the past month, but none the past 2 weeks. Almost no activity doe or buck, strange never seen it like this.

I think someone stole all my deer. Lol
I’m experiencing the same exact thing at my place. Can’t figure it out. This summer we had more shooter bucks including the biggest we’ve ever had on the property and they went nocturnal...some disappeared all together.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I’m experiencing the same exact thing at my place. Can’t figure it out. This summer we had more shooter bucks including the biggest we’ve ever had on the property and they went nocturnal...some disappeared all together.

I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one experiencing this, but it can stop now for all of us involved lol. 2 guys to the property to the north of me said something when checking in this AM. Notta during day, notta during night.....very very strange.

Reactions: OO2 and Sgt Fury

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
'American Bald Eagle' that's perched in a tree just @90yrds. straight out in front of me and has been for the last 10 minutes. He's still there now, looking out into the field that I'm hunting. Probably about to go feed on that gut pile from the field dress that I did for the old man last night of his doe that he shot.
20201202_105344.jpg

Edit: Just left the area @11:13 a.m. Two other hunters scared him off that are walking around just SW of me, roughly 400 yards away.

20201202_111106.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
6 antlerless stepped out right @5:20 p.m. and stuck around well after quitting time., approximately 50yrds. away when first entered the area, and got as close as 30, and the lead doe was another huge lady, plus more birds of prey and 5 other hunters within the immediate area from the afternoon on.
I don't believe they seen anything.

20201202_163825.jpg

Tomorrow, with southern winds back in the picture, I'll be back to my regular hunting schedule, a couple of hour sits for both morning & evening, plus I'll be hunting much closer to my home. I don't think I could stand another hour sitting in that blind after 3 full days in it. Gonna give it a break for at least a couple of weeks and might use it again come bonus gun weekend.

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Well the hits keep coming for me. I've seen nearly 40 deer since Monday morning. The only buck I've seen so far walked in this afternoon and he was an unknown shooter. After playing peekaboo in the brush for half an hour or so what do i do? I make a non fatal shot. I pushed him into a briar patch i can't hunt while looking for him. Hopefully the guys hunting there will run him back to me in the morning. 130-140ish 8pt.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Well the hits keep coming for me. I've seen nearly 40 deer since Monday morning. The only buck I've seen so far walked in this afternoon and he was an unknown shooter. After playing peekaboo in the brush for half an hour or so what do i do? I make a non fatal shot. I pushed him into a briar patch i can't hunt while looking for him. Hopefully the guys hunting there will run him back to me in the morning. 130-140ish 8pt.
Can you contact them and see if they can help you out?

Cogz

Cogz
TX
We had a great two days of gun season, rest of the week will be dedicated to getting a good friend his first deer and helping other guests who are coming in to hunt. One of my shooters was on camera Saturday morning while I was making jerky. Anyway, my wife killed a doe and a BB on her first two solo hunts - she was all smiles all the way back to the house. The BB was a pure heart shot, mule kick and plowing snow with the front legs. Doe was a quartering away double lung. Both with the 45-70; didn’t go 10. Proud of her, good shooting. Our oldest (4) thanked God for “mommy’s magnificent harvest”.
0585739E-365D-45CC-9DB8-314885CD0DDE.jpeg
45F2852B-7D1F-4584-BA80-9C18B07F410A.jpeg
BE646418-E1DE-41D6-B1E3-029C8777B8AB.jpeg
977EA04E-D6B3-4B6B-834B-15523778F9A8.jpeg