Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

My regular button is hanging around, and a dang doe busted me again. I can’t figure out why, wind is good, I don’t think I stink. She needs a hole in her
Screenshot_20181021-084223.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Little dude came trotting by. Stopped to pose. Shook off water. Must have crossed Creek. Ten minutes later had two does and 3 yearlings come from direction he went. They weren't running but they weren't easing along either. Crossed RR tracks. Gathered up the group and trotted north. Guessing the little dude got them flustered.

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_081827.jpg
    IMG_20181021_081827.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20181021_081741.jpg
    IMG_20181021_081741.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 149

Isaacorps

Columbus
I did manage to avoid hitting a Momma with twins driving here. Thought it was a good sign they'd be moving. Nothing yet except a coon. All good. Beautiful crisp morning. I'm thankful.
You’re having better luck avoiding hitting them with your vehicle than @giles did at strouds last night 🤣. Fortunately no damage to his truck as it was not a Booner button buck
C8FD22B6-0AA5-40D5-9835-70F6B8F86B0F.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ended up seeing a small buck. 5 min later a group of 5 does headed north. I suspect the little buck bumped them out of wherever they were bedded. Something else bumped them to head back south later. I waited 10-15min to see if it was a buck or coyote that might be heading my way. Nope. Got down to head to church and watch the daughter sing. Figured I was in the clear. Nope. Got all the way up to where I was nearly in the lawn of the land owners and had another group of 5 does. Busted. Kind of sucks but also gives me some optimism. This is the most does I have seen there in a long time.

Reactions: NE-Oh-Hunter

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
After I heard the commotion in the creek I tooted on the grunt a couple times. About 10 minutes later an old warrior snuck in. Big deer, super grey face. Busted off on one side, limping.... not the biggest rack in the woods (at least what's left of it) but a mature buck for sure. He was way to smart to step into the clearing though. He stayed about 40 yards away, looking, listening, smelling the air. After about 10 minutes of cautiously watching, he opted to walk away. They dont get that old by being stupid. Unlike the 2 year old 8 point that spent the better part of an hour hanging g around my stand this morning. He circled my tree 4 times before wandering off. I almost said fuck it and sent an arrow.

All in all, pretty cool sit this morning. 5 bucks, no does.