Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ok, just checking. Withdrawals

I’m struggling. Don’t need to kill anymore deer, freezer is over full and all my buddies have deer. Wanting to kill a bunch of ducks but not many around. Usually we have plenty. Coastal zone closes after Sunday and the rest closes the following week. Got to get on some birds or find geese after.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Sounds like a real struggle. I hate it when my freezer is full.

I didn’t mean it like that. We have been fortunate to have what we have. I enjoy hunting. My goals were to to hunt hard this season and I did. Killed a bunch of animals and wanted to duck hunt more. Unfortunately the ducks aren’t cooperating. I could go scratch a limit (3) of wood ducks but I like setting up, decoying and calling. Shooting ducks that are working the way you intend on hunting is exciting to me. Jumping and sneaking up on wood ducks is ok but not what I want to do for the most part. Really love watching my dog work.

Someone can’t wait and don’t leave my side.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Me and DJ went climbed a tree in the NWR. Seen 3 going in and none in the tree. 2 deer and two hogs coming out. Big duck hunting in the morning.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
It’s a wrap at the camp, although we had a great deer season the duck season sucked major ass. Headed home now and will duck hunt by the house to finish up.

I have two weeks to get pearl on track and hopefully get the last two hunt tests passes to earn her HRCH title. It’s about an hour from the camp. We will stay at the camp, will freshen up my mineral sites and toddy up anything that needs to go home for the summer.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well the wife and I are at the camp for Valentine’s Day. Gonna sit by the fire and grill some steaks.

Pearl has a hunt test this weekend near Vicksburg Ms this weekend. I’m hoping she does good and gets both passes for her title. Haven’t trained since before hunting season so we will see tomorrow.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I have a request for you....could you do a cleaning post on those bigger cats u catch ?(u may have already done something close to this or repost some good pics what u keep or cut out). Kinda like u did redfish.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I have a request for you....could you do a cleaning post on those bigger cats u catch ?(u may have already done something close to this or repost some good pics what u keep or cut out). Kinda like u did redfish.

Yes but I will have to catch some. There is several ways and you can figure out which is right for you. May be some time before I can do it.

Reactions: giles and Dustinb80