Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well we hunted this morning, 3 of us on property and seen 4 doesbetween all of us. Dj hunted tensas and came up w zero. Layne hunted wma and blanked also. 46 degree and wind was humping hard. Still blowing as I post this. Seen about 60 mallards go in my pond at daybreak. It already had ducks in it when I climbed in stand.

Dj while scouting another area found a large lions mane mushroom. Supposed to taste like scallops and lobster.
IMG_2349.jpg

We gonna fry some chicken and shrooms tonight. If I don’t post tomorrow send someone for a welfare check on us lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well fuck me. Never a trip without a problem. Get to atv on trail and my bike won’t start. Another mother fucking rat ate some wires up. So we having to make two trips. Hunter has his atv and will tow me out w his Honda. I will never hear the end of this for sure. Lol.

Shroom was good. Meaty texture like a thick portabella shroom. Mild taste, and we ate a few pieces each and didn’t overdue it for obvious reasons. Me and Dj headed home as we both have to go back to work. Hunter and Layne staying up and will continue deer and duck hunting. I will post what they do.
56281227660__62E1E639-F6E3-4BDC-BDEB-067F95470611.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunter hunted the property yesterday, seen a spike in the morning. That afternoon he seen two does then a big bear come out and kept anything that thought about coming out away. He was supposed to duck hunt this morning but he said it’s storming.

Did I tell you that we needed rain bad? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: finelyshedded

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
The bottoms are pretty solid around there. Now down where I live in se la the mud is soft. In the marsh the mud is to your knees in water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk