Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well the weather is shit. Went to shoot some woodies, figured I could get 3 from the gank hole and left tail tucked. Went walked 3 miles slipping in the wma and only jumped one deer and 10 wood ducks. Came back to the camp sweating like a pig. Cooked two cowboy steaks on the griddle and now chilling. The boys will be up late tonight, I can’t wIt.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well the weather is shit. Went to shoot some woodies, figured I could get 3 from the gank hole and left tail tucked. Went walked 3 miles slipping in the wma and only jumped one deer and 10 wood ducks. Came back to the camp sweating like a pig. Cooked two cowboy steaks on the griddle and now chilling. The boys will be up late tonight, I can’t wIt.

Didn't spook up any pigs?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was thinking about taking the jon boat up the pascagoula this weekend to hunt ward bayou WMA. I ain't trying to mess with 50,000 cu ft per second flow in that little river though. That's angry. 😅
Screenshot_20230104-192627_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Left field

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Woke up this morning and the boys were already up fixing to leave. Said they was going duck hunting for mallards. I said good luck cause there ain’t many around w the heat wave. Me and pearl loaded up and hunted wood ducks on the NWR. Same place 5 of us hunted and killed 4 birds so I wasn’t expecting much. Daylight broke and they were there. Killing 3 woodies w 3 shots. Watched them pour in for 15 minutes seeing if any other ducks was gonna come into the green trees. Took a pic and had a duck almost land on my back.
26094DF4-F91C-4FD5-B430-47D0A7F77DD5.jpeg

Hunter text me saying no mallards but did shoot a wood duck and had 5 grey ducks fly over. He also said they were going to check a couple spots and maybe shoot a few jump shooting. He sends me this pic and said we hunting here tomorrow. He found a bunch of grey ducks.
71E597C0-4E0C-4EC1-B7E6-3E2E6BFEA379.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We got plenty of sunshine and warmer weather. Went and took Pearl to track a buck. She ended up jumping it and was bleeding good. Went about 600 yards and still bleeding good. I terminated the track telling the guy to get a catch dog tonight or track in the morning. Probably leg and brisket shot.
Currently me and Hunter are on the property. Bunch of tracks and some really big ones also. Dj is in the refuge w bow again. We frying frog legs tonight.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So last night cody and his gf Taylor showed up at the camp. The plan was to take two boats frogging after eating a
4E0F2736-ED97-4540-9DCB-D80279C7F2F0.jpeg
mess of fried frog legs. Only had one boat so Blake and his FIL TJ took Taylor frogging last night. I don’t know the count yet but this is a 70 qt ice chest.

hunter, Dj, Cody and myself went to shoot wood ducks. Killed 7, so me and Dj took our limit out and the other two stayed to kill theirs hopefully. Dj want to deer hunt all day but I said make a quick duck hunt then get in the stand. So we came back early and with the moon being full the deer should move midday and evening.
61A28FB4-1809-438E-9A98-4C11B4E7E584.jpeg

this is a killer setup for frogging. It’s a small drum with a hole cut out on the top with a slat trap throat installed. Just throw the frog in.
image.jpg
image.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Are you willing to adopt an adult white male that's roughly middle age but willing to work and do dishes|?|

Asking for a friend 😅
Absolutely as long as he has good land to hunt monster deer in the Midwest 😂. Funny you say that, I have a friend that has 800 acres next to the refuge and I asked him the same thing haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildlife

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Woke up this morning at 3am with the rain coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Woke up at 5 and was still raining good. Went back to bed. Woke up at 7:30 and Hunter and Cody came in with 5 wood ducks. They also found another lions mane mushroom.
BD734271-C4AA-472E-A213-4A4DD04EC742.jpeg

Around 12 dj left to bow hunt the refuge and me and Hunter went slipping in the wma w primitive weapons. I walked 3 miles w nothing to show for it. Hunter walked up on some pigs but only seen the babies and had 3 lined up but wanted to get 4 for one shot or the sow. That didn’t happen. Met up w him a mile back and I said I’m gonna slip back to the bike and he kept going all the way to the pipeline where I’d drive around to pick him up. Dj scouted and seen some turkeys and heard deer running in the water but never seen any.
Tomorrow we going to hunt my pony to hopefully shoot a couple ducks and spend some time together. There has been about 20 mallards in it every day so we will see.