Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late Gun

Who all will be headed out? Looks like my son and I will only be hunting on Sunday with me having to work on Saturday. Looks like Saturday will be a soaker anyway. Would like to see some snow, but 50 degree temps rule that out.

lung buster

hocking county
Not looking good with the rain. Plan on a quick sit with with one of my kids in the am between showers. Maybe a sit Sunday am and then a couple of small pushes for Drew before basketball in the afternoon... Bring on the cold and snow for muzzy season!!

Reactions: cspot and bigten05

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I'll be out both days looking for 1-2 does.

Tomorrow morning will be the first time I hunt with my oldest boy, who just turned 7 last weekend. He has always been interested but has never really asked/begged. He really started after I had him and the middle one, 5, help retrieve this year's buck. Blind is up and tonight we prep. Not sure who is more excited, him or me. Hoping to get 45mins-1hr out of him!

My oldest brother is coming to Ohio to bow hunt down in SW Ohio with some clients next week and will be staying with us this weekend. So Sunday he and I will hit the woods together. It's been quite a few years since he moved to NH and we have hunted together. I don't care if I don't see a deer all weekend as I get to spend it with 2ppl I truly love! Today is gonna crawl....

Good luck all!

Last edited:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Heading to hunt with a guy I used to work with. He was invited to drive with us a couple weeks ago, but didnt want to be a part of the "orange army"...

I really dont have any interest in shooting another one this year, but maybe I can kick something up for him.

Creamer

Athens
If the weather report doesn't change I'll be out Sunday only. Sounds like all day rain on Saturday. I like hunting in light or sporadic rain, but all out steady rain with potential for t-storms will keep me out of the woods.

Reactions: cspot

Bowkills

Nw oh
Fuckit. I'm hunting public in southeast OH. Big hills . All day. Rain or rain, fuck it. Need to kill a buck. Will probably be covered up with does. I don't care. I'm hunting.
That's the spirit! When I get the f its it usually turns out bad. Examples- f it I quit! F it I'm not doing shit today! F it I'll drink one more! Great way to use your f its in a positive way! F it I might sweep the house for my wife today.....Na f that.....u almost had me following your steps. Hope u get your buck...