Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last Chance Blind.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Went out in the rain today to set a blind and some grape mafia corn. Sure could use some cold weather but it looks like it's going to turn cold by next weekend. Should be good for a doe. I'll see what the camera says next Thursday.

20200111_151845.jpg

20200111_150916.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hard to tell in this pic but I like to put the corn where the deer can only approach it from one convenient angle. I'll block in the sides a little to increase the odds of them approaching broadside. If not it never fails they want to eat facing the blind.

20200111_150827.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
If you dump your corn in a straight line in the direction your looking, usually the deer feed from the side and not the ends. Giving you a better shot for broadside shot.

Reactions: Chass

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think it was Brock who mentioned a tree branch or piece of firewood on the backside of the Corn causes the deer to eat from the side. It worked for me.

I just put it up against some brush and then stack some limbs on the sides. Not real tight against the pile but enough to discourage them from approaching in that direction. Not really blocking just guiding.

Chass

The Hills
If you dump your corn in a straight line in the direction your looking, usually the deer feed from the side and not the ends. Giving you a better shot for broadside shot.
Chum and scatter is the best way I've found. When you dump a single pile the deer will make a b-line to it then will just stand there grabbing food and looking back up making it hard to draw or get ready. Scatter in a chum line and itll keep the heads and eyes to the ground making it so you can get away with a lot more movement. Good luck!