Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Bite

Big H

Medina
The docks back towards the river on the left hand side can be very productive, as can the river itself. Especially on the inside bends.

Big H

Medina
Newsflash......Walleyes are still biting good. They are a little more scattered though. I took a couple contractor buddies out last week and we limited out, and put a 30" + a 27" in the boat. We were drifting and casting until the wind died and we finished up trolling. The big fish came drifting...

Big H

Medina
The wife and I went yesterday morning and made a nice run to about 20 miles offshore for something different. We limited on nice walleyes and also caught 5 steelhead. We only kept two but they are a blast. Finished off the trip by watching the air show for awhile.

Reactions: MoonLab

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fished Presque Isle this weekend, weather was pretty good and only dodged one storm that blew through.... Smallmouth did t cooperate but boy did the Sheephead... Probably caught 30 of those in the 7-10lb range.... Boat traffic was light compared too previous years there on Labor Day, bit I ain’t complaining 😂😂😂

My buddy did catch a nice walleye on one of our drifts, and I caught a nice large mouth on the main lake, that was a strange one for us....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lucky!!!! I'd kill to Be up there right now. I installed two new batteries yesterday, boat is ready to roll, I just can't get away for a while. :(

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lucky!!!! I'd kill to Be up there right now. I installed two new batteries yesterday, boat is ready to roll, I just can't get away for a while. :(

Take your time, water temps were mid 70’s where we were at... Another couple weeks should improve that....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm looking at mid October before I can get back after them. Mason is playing Legion baseball, weekends are shot even if I could get away from the shop.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
The wife and I went yesterday morning and made a nice run to about 20 miles offshore for something different. We limited on nice walleyes and also caught 5 steelhead. We only kept two but they are a blast. Finished off the trip by watching the air show for awhile.
Good shit. Sounded like a good time

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We fished Saturday after goose hunting . Didn't launch till 1230 and had the boat back on the trailer by 3 . Ran out about 14 -16 miles out of Wildwood and got 18 nice eaters and a steelhead in slightly over a HR of fishing time .
When we got back in the coast guard boat and several sheriff boats were there loading a body into a ambulance . Apparently it was someone who had went missing earlier in the week ? Thats a discovery I hope to never make .
16825.jpeg
16827.jpeg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
We fished Saturday after goose hunting . Didn't launch till 1230 and had the boat back on the trailer by 3 . Ran out about 14 -16 miles out of Wildwood and got 18 nice eaters and a steelhead in slightly over a HR of fishing time .
When we got back in the coast guard boat and several sheriff boats were there loading a body into a ambulance . Apparently it was someone who had went missing earlier in the week ? Thats a discovery I hope to never make .
View attachment 64227View attachment 64228
Damn that's sad TOO hear

Last edited:
Reactions: oakswamper

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jake, that’s never a good thing too see...

Glad y’all had a good day...

How was the boat traffic on your side of the lake?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Boat traffic was fine once ya got a few miles out . In close there was a decent amount of pleasure boaters running along the shore . It's still way less traffic than the western basin tho.

The airshow was going on so I'm sure that was a factor .

Reactions: oakswamper and "J"