Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake bite

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I fished huron 3 days in the last week...don't waste your time right now...it sucks bad. Marking lots of fish but they aren't biting.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Yeah , from what I'd heard from guys pre fishing last week it was pretty tough. Hopefully get my deer killed and get some Nov and Dec fishing in up there ....Then hopefully it gets bitter cold so we can ice fish from the islands West again from Jan to mid March . Lol .

DandaMan

Fished out of Huron the last two nights. Trolling east of the river. Bite is improving, the usual P10, HJ, and Smithwicks. Blue/chrome and clown 1.3-1.6. Mostly smaller fish, nothing for us over 7lbs

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I would like to get up there again real soon. Keep the updates going. We fished in front of Lakeside Saturday evening, marked a lot of fish, but zero pullbacks.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Figures, now that I'm obsessed with reading up on this lake you boys stop posting on this thread!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Still hammering the perch on Erie. We tried to go out Saturday but we couldn't find a boat launch to get the boat in the water. They were all packed. Limits of 10" and bigger perch are being caught easily.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good to know. I'm heading up Sunday evening to fish Monday and maybe Tuesday. It's been a couple weeks since I've been up. I think we are a little better equipped this time... hopefully.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
New boat, first trip to the big lake with a. Kept 30 really good perch and two limits of walleye. Can't wait to go back.

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 241

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They really were good ones. We should have stuck around a lil longer and finished out limits, I just wanted to get trolling. We found a good pack of walleye and worked them over pretty good, but I wish we would have put up the trolling gear and caught some casting. That's always my problem up there. I hate to stick with a program, even when it's working because I want to try something else. Lil

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We had another good Saturday and Sunday. Walleye and some perch Saturday. Just walleye on Sunday. Gern is murdering the perch farther west. May go that way next time.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited: