Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladder stands,, Whats new???

Fletch

Supporting Member
Was in Gander Mountain last week and they had Big Game Guardian 2 man ladder stands on sale (clearance) for $41.00 a piece.... I needed an extra for out in Illinois so I grabbed one... Also had some Rivers Edge grip rails (approx. 2 1/2 ft long) for $11.00 each so I grabbed the last 5.... Went back a couple days later to grab another ladder stand...... But....ALL GONE.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Was in Gander Mountain last week and they had Big Game Guardian 2 man ladder stands on sale (clearance) for $41.00 a piece.... I needed an extra for out in Illinois so I grabbed one... Also had some Rivers Edge grip rails (approx. 2 1/2 ft long) for $11.00 each so I grabbed the last 5.... Went back a couple days later to grab another ladder stand...... But....ALL GONE.....
I was looking for more of those 3 foot river's edge sticks but they were sold out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great buy. Well below my cost as "a dealer." Guess my buying power doesn't match up to a Gander Mtn. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You're still in business, they're on their way out...
Less overhead for me. Lower margins. Less sales go with it. But I don't get the price breaks. You take the good with the bad. I wouldn't want all the headaches associated with juggling that many stores. Lol

OO2

In the Uplands
When you use the bracket do you leave the stand at your house and carry it in to each spot or leave it up in one spot and move around? Thinking that may be a good option for stand movement.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
When you use the bracket do you leave the stand at your house and carry it in to each spot or leave it up in one spot and move around? Thinking that may be a good option for stand movement.
I bring it out with me every time. I'll post a pic of my setup in a few, same as Jesse has.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
IMG_20170625_200216088_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20170625_200158679.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You will pay for them but the best ladder stands out there by far are the Millenniums.
I like the single 21 foot model.

Agreed. In regards to comfort, it is hard to beat Millennium. They are fantastic. I'd argue the newer Rivers Edge are still pretty dang comfy though. You can do all day sits in them. Millennium are the Cadillac of tree stands.

Just 1 More

Agreed. In regards to comfort, it is hard to beat Millennium. They are fantastic. I'd argue the newer Rivers Edge are still pretty dang comfy though. You can do all day sits in them. Millennium are the Cadillac of tree stands.

Milennium stands seem to be a little harder to stand up in.. almost too reclined :smiley_chinrub:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Only hard to stand up for overweight guys. [emoji23] [emoji23]
But they are great stands,i will never own anything but a millennium after sitting on all the old stands we used to use over the yr's.