Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladder stands,, Whats new???

Just 1 More

What's new in the world of ladder stands? I've looked at, and sat in, a Summit Vine ladder and that was very nice, probably at the top of my list so far. Anyone got any opinions on whats new and good out there now?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
In 2014 I did a TOO product review on The Big Dog 2 man stand. After couple hunting seasons I still recommend the stand and would buy more if needed. I hunt alone and plenty of room for my extra gear on the side seat. The ladder has a double rail which stops the bending of the ladder.
Due to a back problem I added a plastic molded chair seat bottom so I can set in it 12 hrs.
As you can see I installed the blind to it and deer never notice it or me.
http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?16739-Big-Dog-ladder-stand-blind

Last edited:

Just 1 More

In 2014 I did a TOO product review on The Bad Dog 2 man stand. After couple hunting seasons I still recommend the stand and would buy more if needed. I hunt alone and plenty of room for my extra gear on the side seat. The ladder has a double rail which stops the bending of the ladder.

2 man stands are just too big for me. after looking further, the Summit Vine ladder is out because it does not have a foot rest, gotta gave a foot rest. I have a Muddy "THE SKYBOX" that i've done all day sits in and I may go with another one of those if I don't find something I like better

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I won't hunt without a foot rest anymore either. I use a block and tackle to put the 2 man ladder stand up my myself. Safe and easy.
I like 2 man ladder stands due to the extra doom.
I even used the block and tackle to put a 200 lb home made 16 ft ladder stand by myself. Had no problem doing it alone.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
2 man stands are just too big for me. after looking further, the Summit Vine ladder is out because it does not have a foot rest, gotta gave a foot rest. I have a Muddy "THE SKYBOX" that i've done all day sits in and I may go with another one of those if I don't find something I like better
Rivers Edge has some nice stuff as well.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've been looking at the Muddy Skybox stands. Not really looking for something to bowhunt out of, more so as gun stands, but they have a big platform, so they may be fine for bowhunting. Rural King has some killer deals on nice ladder stands of you check on weekly.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Field and stream has some nice ones. I like a big mesh seat that folds up, armrests and a big platform. My favorite so far is a big game titan I bought at Menards. They have similar stands at field and stream that look even more comfortable and heavy duty but still very reasonably priced so I'll probably buy my next one there.

Just 1 More

I've been looking at the Muddy Skybox stands. Not really looking for something to bowhunt out of, more so as gun stands, but they have a big platform, so they may be fine for bowhunting. Rural King has some killer deals on nice ladder stands of you check on weekly.

I have the Skybox here in Ohio, i've done all day sits in it and it is comfy.