Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Knelly's 2021 season

Knelly

20630E84-1005-4BD2-A196-90FC3ABCF9D8.jpeg

Knelly

Sealed the deal with my main target yesterday morning. I hung this stand in the summer of 2020 and the first sit last year I killed the buck I was after. I can only hunt this stand with a N or NE wind. It's a big ravine that bucks have to travel the ridge to the top to get to the other side. Great pinch point! Just like last year, first sit in this stand for 2021, I hit the antlers at 8:00. After a short 15-20 sec sequence, I hung them up and listened for any incoming foot steps. Right around 4-5 mins later I heard an approaching deer. I could just tell it was a buck, and he was coming straight to my tree. Once I realize it was him, I reached for my bow and slowly turned to my right side. I would need to let him pass my tree before I could draw, he was that close! Once I drew back and gave a quick quiet Meh, I let the arrow fly at 5 yds. The arrow entered the 3 rib from back and lodged in the offside shoulder slicing the bottom of the heart.

After an hour or so and a couple calls for help, we tracked him approx. 125yds and there he laid.
IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

08010191.JPG