Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Knee Replacement

Big H

Medina
I go in Monday morning for a knee replacement. It is never a good time and I have put it off long enough. I got cancelled in April because of Covid. I can't walk the hills at our property very good anymore and I really want to get out west to elk hunt someday. Hopefully I will be able to hobble into a ground blind in the backyard and deer hunt a little bit by the rut. Kristi said she will drive me to the blind and pick me up on the side by side LOL

Anyone else had this done?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Hoping for a quick recovery. I’ve had 3 knee surgeries from my adult ice hockey league days, but not a replacement. While in therapy after one of my surgeries, there was a guy there who was recovering from a knee replacement and he was riding that stationary bike like there was no tomorrow. He said it was painful after surgery but getting it moving and working hard made the recovery much faster. I’m guessing a year from now your knee pain will be a distant memory.

Jamie

Ohio
good luck. after two surgeries on my right knee, I'm probably headed this direction myself.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mom had one of hers done this summer. She was diligent to do the exercises prior to surgery like they told her to do. Same thing after surgery. Stayed on top of the rehab. She is doing well. She's a tough ol bird.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’ve had a few friends have them done, like Geezer most have had both done the same time. All were happy they had them done. They all also said they shouldn’t have waited as long as they did....
Good luck on your surgery.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Mom had one of hers done this summer. She was diligent to do the exercises prior to surgery like they told her to do. Same thing after surgery. Stayed on top of the rehab. She is doing well. She's a tough ol bird.
Yes exercise before surgery and rehab are the key to success - the flexibility and strength you have going in is what you will have coming out

Reactions: hickslawns

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good Luck with the proceedure.... Guy that hunts with us out in Illinois had both knees done and was up and about in no time.... Wishing you the same results and a speedy recovery...