Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kev's cell cam pics

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
All of a sudden, my cell cam inventory jumped up to like never before. I believe I have the perimeter of my area covered. I'll keep a log here of anything noteworthy passes by. Checking ur phone each morning can be like Christmas morning, so time will tell. I had the dog out early this morn as a almost full moon was starting to settle & this guy came by the house at about the same time ....

downloaded637320646063035930.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
This isn't from a cell cam but, I did receive a Spypoint Link Micro LTE that I just put in this spot because.... big bucks are checking out my Lucky Buck sites right across from one of my pop ups. This will be a fun " live " watch. You can see one of my other cell links in the background.

MFDC0073.JPG

MFDC0077.JPG

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
Annnnd I was just looking back at last nights pics & this buck decided to hit the ground right where that doe was bedded the night before. It's sometimes funny on where u decide to place a cam . This is an out of the way spot that I call the Sanctuary, that's getting all grown up due to logging the last two years & it just " looked deery ". It's on the opposite side of The Thicket that's behind the house. Also, with the Micro LTE, you get a 30 day free unlimited plan as compared to a 7 day freebie with the cell Links, so the best place for it is on a mineral site.

PICT0135_202008060755myrKd.jpg

Last edited:

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
Deer share beds all the time. Put some EverCalm down and the deer can’t help but check it out and often lay down. No different than what you are seeing👍🏼.

What ways are the bucks heading? Beans?

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
I moved the micro lte last evening after work to get head on angle pics & for some reason it never sent a pic afterwards. I was at work all day so I ran up when I got home this evening to check it out & it started to send pics after turning it off & on. It was a bad angle for what I wanted, so I put it back to where it was. I have another lucky buck site on the other side of my popup that's getting tore up so I moved a nearby Lift to watch that. As I was taking that cam down & walking around, these two fawns were just inside the thicket at my mineral rock & they came out a bit to watch my goings on. I think I could have walked up closer to them. I never did see mom & they were still there hitting the lucky buck when I walked back to the house.

20200809_202612.jpg
20200809_202010.jpg

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
Here's where IR pics can throw ya off. I was just thinking about that pic I posted earlier of those two bucks & it dawned on me that my X6000 didn't catch them. That obviously irked me , so I went back to my pics to see . I had what I thought was this doe come thru & never thought anything of it. ...

downloaded637326880990560990.jpg

The way his head is angled, I didn't catch the antlers, and that 2nd buck wasn't close yet. The cell cam is up along the trail a bit before the Lift.
LIFT0874.JPG.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
I'm cracking up. (All in good fun Kevin.) You have all these cameras on your property. You've switched to a lot of cell cams so you can stay out. Yet. . . . they ar giving you fits and forcing you (tempting you?) to head right back in there to adjust. No wonder you are irked! lol

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
C'mon Phil, it was just one flub....lol. I have other cams that I check the sd cards from time to time & it was just the timing of it that made me question the reliability of the X6000. On another note, I still don't know why that new Micro LTE stopped sending when all I did was move it while it was turned on. So that was the real irk. It's working fine otherwise. I really like the Spypoint Cell Links & this Micro.... other than it takes a lot of false pics due to the sun, but its 90 out .All of my pics are a unintentional deception. They're not showing the houses / yards that are just a few yards away. These cams aren't down in the woods somewhere , where it's secluded all the more.

Dave, the Lifts have held up all these years & operate like brand new for the most part much . I have 3 originals & 1 may have bit the dust. The battery compartment has some corrosion, so I dunno if that's the cuplrit. I haven't messed with it much. I have a Lift 2 as well.

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Supporting Member
Haven't had any bucks for a spell & these two came thru this AM. That 2nd buck looks nice as he's messing with that Deer Cane Black Magic I put out. I bought a few sweet beet salt licks to see how well they'll do.

spypoint(4).jpg

Another of my Lifts quit working with Lithiums. For whatever reason , those liths aren't holding up