Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kentucky

angelzd28

Well its that time of year! Headed to Kentucky 30 Oct-5 Nov. My dad and I went down this summer and scouted 2 public areas that peaked our interest, Pennyrile State forest and Yellow Bank WMA. We settled on Yellowbank due to it being closer and honestly better habitat in my opinion. It will be myself, dad and my 2 younger brothers. Last year we went to Oklahoma and would have loved to go back, but time off for my brothers was an issue so we picked a closer state. Anybody have any experience with Yellowbank? Its about an hour SW of Louisville and sits right on the Oho river, and is about 6800 acres. Either way looking forward to an exciting trip with my dad and brothers. Ill keep everyone posted on what hopefully is a successful trip.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
We hunt near caneyville ky not sure how far that is from there but Breckenridge County grayson ohio and butler counties are all areas that get talked about when you are around the locals.

Reactions: angelzd28

angelzd28

I've been eye balling that spot for a while. I am still a couple of years away from boots on the ground though. Good luck!
Ill let you know how it goes. Loved the area in the one day we spent there. The one thing Im wondering about is how much pressure it gets, I guess we will see............

Reactions: giles