Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

K&N Air Filters

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Told by a Honda Tech tonight that K&N Air Filters should NEVER be put in a motorcycle or 4 wheeler by a novice rider. They let in way to much dirt unless taken care of 100%.
Long story short....costing me 500. to learn a valuable lesson.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
1x use or the design to reuse by cleaning and reoiling? Never heard such a thing before and the K&N brand is well known for quality products that produce true performance gains at or better than OEM quality.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've ran the K&N air filters (oiled) in 3 different trucks now and have never had any problems. Remove, clean, dry, re-oil, re-install. Easy peezy. I've never used one in an ATV before. When he says "novice rider," does he mean "dipshit?" Because maintaining these filters is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Jim. He was talking ATV and Bikes. Said he does a lot of them due to the dirt that gets by. It doesn't show up quick like a fouled plug. Do whatever you want....but this dipshit has learned a lesson.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Really depends on the vehicle as well Jim. Little too much oil and it gets on the MAF sensor it really fuggs with the computer. No long term damage but is a hassle. Gotta re clean the filter re oil and clean MAF sensor. Fugg up the MAF sesnsor cleaning it and a new one ain't real cheap.

I agree it's not rocket science but a dry filter is a lot easier and more reliable.

Reactions: xbowguy

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jim. He was talking ATV and Bikes. Said he does a lot of them due to the dirt that gets by. It doesn't show up quick like a fouled plug. Do whatever you want....but this dipshit has learned a lesson.
Sorry Rick... That didn't come out like I planned. I wasn't calling you a dipshit. I'm just surprised by these issues. I never heard of this problem and I know you're only talking ATV related but I'm surprised it's not also a vehicle problem too.