Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jorts and a Do-rag

Stump

Ass Regulator
So this guy is strolling down the sidewalk in front of the house while I was mowing last night. I just had to stop and look this over. Middle aged guy wearing jorts and a do-rag, smokin a CR Buitts home made cigarette with an old faded Fog Hat concert shirt with the sleeves cut off. I'm guessin he got the jorts from K-Mart and the do-rag from "Smelly's" discount gas and rollin papers. I'm all about comfort but nothin says "I totally give up" than that look. I was bein kinda hard on the guy in my mind, thinkin poor bastard when I glanced down an noticed I'd been ridin the mower with my zipper down....Dang it was a good thing he was runnin interference .... maybe no one saw that old fat dude mowin grass with his fly open!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I always kid the wife that I’m bringing jorts and the ole dew rag back in style... 😂😂😂😂

I’m thinking Leonard Skynard for the shirt though... 😂😂😂

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
83B783E1-C602-4576-8D38-11526E6C6F62.png

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I don’t know what it is about the zipper thing...
I can’t beleve I forget to zip up as often as I’ll notice it’s down.

I’m thinkin it’s just a wore out zipper from all the years of use and it kinda slides down as we move about... ya. That’s it. Gotta be wore out.

Reactions: "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I don’t know what it is about the zipper thing...
I can’t beleve I forget to zip up as often as I’ll notice it’s down.

I’m thinkin it’s just a wore out zipper from all the years of use and it kinda slides down as we move about... ya. That’s it. Gotta be wore out.

Ventilation is what I’m saying.....

Reactions: CJD3

Bigcountry40

Jorts were still socially acceptable when I was in high school they basically became unfashionable by the time I was in college, only "urban fashion people" wore jorts and they were more like high water pants. Its also imperative to understand in the 90's and 00's there like 4 different styles of jorts, the jort the guy stump seen walking down the side walk, his were never acceptable.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brock, these are regional norms, perhaps they were or are never outa style in your area. In fact I been there an I can understand your fashion sense geographically speaking. ;):LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think you're spot on. Today there were 6 local fellas eating lunch together at our shop. 5/6 are really wealthy, two of those five were wearing jorts along with their mud covered boots.... some of it was probably mud. Lol. No head rags were present sadly.

Stump

Ass Regulator
I think you're spot on. Today there were 6 local fellas eating lunch together at our shop. 5/6 are really wealthy, two of those five were wearing jorts along with their mud covered boots.... some of it was probably mud. Lol. No head rags were present sadly.
Well hell Brock not everyone can rock a do-rag, seems they had the fashion sense not to overplay their hand. ;)

Reactions: "J"