Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Joel’s 2019-20 season

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Rick, it was literally one good minute.

I heard leaves crunching across the creek, looked over and saw him. Got positioned in my stand, watched him cross the creek and step into the open. He was walking straight towards me, then quartered away and stopped at 30 yards. Squeezed the trigger, watch him run 75 yards and drop. All within a minute.

Got in my stand at 3:30, looked at the trail cam picture, posted it here and shot him about 30 minutes later. Took a picture of him dead on the ground at 4:45.

He just showed up yesterday as far as I know. Does bed to the north and east from my stand and bucks seem to go up and down this creek on a regular basis this time of year. Same tree stand I shot my buck out of last thanksgiving.

Very happy deer hunter today. Thanks for tagging along gentleman. I’ll have more deer chasing this year since my daughter is asking to hunt and I still need to shoot a doe on another property for the freezer.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
It’s been a little over a month since I shot my buck. I’ve been hunting for a doe here and there and haven’t had much luck. Really just kind of sitting, trying out new spots in the woods I hunt and enjoying the scenery. Not seeing hardly any deer though.

Deer are not using the feeder behind the house. First year it’s been up, seems to be used mainly by coons. So kind of slow but still getting out just noting to report.

Heading out with the crossbow tomorrow mainly for scouting and putting up a camera or two. I’ve learned a lot these past 6 or so years but I still have a lot to learn because I couldn’t find a deer to save my life right now haha.